Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 06:09 AM

Default Re: i suck. underpairs suck too.

[ QUOTE ]
Not irrational considering that dumbass likes to eat and it's getting a little too cold to sleep rough, but I get your point. I don't make a practice of whining about results. This is all about trying to turn things around + inserting lots of self deprecating stuff to help me see the humour in losing a considerable (for me) amount of money + completely losing my game.

Anyway... thanks for you comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, just serious. I've noticed that a lot of my posts tend to be joke ones. Jokes are good. But I have made little to no effort in using these forums to improve my own game. I've lurked since last October but rarely posted anything about hands.

I totally understand where you are coming from, believe me. I built up my bankroll from literally zero, went on a heater the last two months and now I've flatlined. I know that it's a bad run, but I know that I should come to face the facts that I have leaks to plug. What I need is people smacking me in the face with "yeah, buts" and "no, dumbasses" myself.
Old 10-15-2005, 06:23 AM

things to consider about betting the turn

1. how often are we ahead? (OP said he seemed somewhat logical - he is probably not calling the flop without a gutshot or pair)
2. how many outs does he have when we are ahead? (usually 10)
3. would this type of player bluff the river if we check the turn? (i don't think so - i don't even think he'd bet a J).

if we did the hand ranges, i'm pretty sure it'd come out to us with less than 50% equity on the turn. and since he won't bet us off of the winning hand on the river, i don't see the point in trying for a free showdown.
Old 10-15-2005, 06:56 AM

This thread has a thousand replies already and no doubt the 'correct' play has already been determined. But before reading these I thought I'd give it a shot (reading replies I normally agree with 1 or more of them and then find no need to say anything - hmmm, is the term grunching appropriate here?)

My first thought is don't be so down on yrself! If your feeling bad about the way your playing then tighten up, be less agressive. That'll save some bets and won't exagerate any downswing you might be having. After a few wins you'll think damn, I shoulda raised there and you'll feel a warm glowing warming glow about your play when you do.

On the hand specifically, you give a good reason based on a read to raise PF so fair enough (I wouldn't do it but I'm pretty weak).

I think a check on the flop is better. Villian could check-call holding a queen, jack or even a weak ace. Chances are he has one of them. You get little information from the bet and really are just hoping for a fold. If you have the best hand at the flop you'll probably have the best hand at the river, so I'd check.

Turn, again I'd check and snap off a bluff at the river - or else check it there again.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:51 AM

Gee i ditch it on the flop, Call me weaktight but why fight over small pots when you hold crap?!

Oh and your avatar is fecking sick if thats a train chrash... Cant you change it to a sexy girl?
Old 10-15-2005, 03:32 PM

The mistake I would make in this hand is trying to get villian to fold a Q or J on the river, if the board looks favorable.

I need to realize that most opponents aren't going to fold a pair HU.