Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 01:50 PM

Default $22: SB push sanity check

I had not gone into 2+2 pushbot mode yet, so no table image concerns. First move of the game. Am I really the fish that the BB said I am? I know that the lower limits are loose, but I still can't pass up spots like this, especially when I have yet to make a move the whole game.

Blinds 50-100

UTG ( $495 )
UTG+1 ( $590 )
CO ( $2620 )
Button ( $2685 )
SB HERO ( $780 ) dealt 3d 9d
BB ( $830 )

Folded to me in SB. I push, BB calls with A6o, I win.

Standard?

(Sorry for another push / fold simple post, I like to run a sanity check every now and then.)
Old 09-21-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Re: $22: SB push sanity check

He's a fish for calling with A6o.
nh.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's a fish for calling with A6o.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that much I'm 100% sure of.

I was just wondering if anybody would get into the lesser calling standards on the lower limits as a reason to pass here. But given our stack sizes and blinds, my style is to push with just about anything here, unless I think he's super loose. Especially since I had not made any moves yet.

Just checking...
Old 09-21-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had not gone into 2+2 pushbot mode yet, so no table image concerns. First move of the game. Am I really the fish that the BB said I am? I know that the lower limits are loose, but I still can't pass up spots like this, especially when I have yet to make a move the whole game.

Blinds 50-100

UTG ( $495 )
UTG+1 ( $590 )
CO ( $2620 )
Button ( $2685 )
SB HERO ( $780 ) dealt 3d 9d
BB ( $830 )

Folded to me in SB. I push, BB calls with A6o, I win.

Standard?

(Sorry for another push / fold simple post, I like to run a sanity check every now and then.)

[/ QUOTE ]

There is this guy helping me with my game and he said that he likes to have some strength behind his hand when he pushes from SB. On the other hand, if I only had about 6 small blinds or less, this would be an auto push, IMO...
Old 09-21-2005, 02:48 PM

I still think you are abit agressive. I will say as i did the last hand, if you know BB is a decent player and he doesnt know your a pushjunkie this is a good push. Turns out he wasn't a decent player, alot of 22$ players aren't. Im folding here, pushing with around 6bb:s if i have not made any moves so far.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:56 PM

I must be doing something right: Recently, Scuba Chuck said I played like a pussy, now you're calling me a pushjunkie. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

It's all situation dependent. Actually I think that my stack is perfect to push here. The blinds are significant and the BB has almost the exact stack size as me. And he should not feel desperate to call. Keep in mind that this was my first push of the game.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:28 PM

What calling range to you put him on?

Here, it counts again pushing that it is not yet the bubble. People tighten up close to the money but 6-handed is not quite there yet I feel. This, you stealing from sb, and the fact that stackwise you are bb's direct opponent makes this a marginal fold for me.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:40 PM

i'd probably pass here...blinds are just shy of 20% of your stack, you don't have a great hand...the only thing going for you is everybody folded before you and only bb acts after you...

if u get called, you look bad to the table, losing some fe...if u don't get called, then you may loosen up villian's range when you push into him again at 75/150 level...i'd rather have a slightly stronger hand against his calling range or have higher blinds to make it more worth it

i don't think it's a bad push, tho...it's prolly within 3% of even ev
Old 09-21-2005, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's all situation dependent. Actually I think that my stack is perfect to push here. The blinds are significant and the BB has almost the exact stack size as me. And he should not feel desperate to call. Keep in mind that this was my first push of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is close, and there's no way to know that your previously sane seeming neighbor is a maniacal caller. I would probably push this half the time, and fold the other half. I have no problem with the push.*

*Yesterday my ROI for the month went from 20% (~250 $33s) to 5% (~320 $33s), so you may want to completely disregard everything I say!**
**Varience + minor tilt = cooler
Old 09-21-2005, 04:46 PM

"And he should not feel desperate to call."

Should is the keyword here, donkeys don't always do as they should..