Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 07-23-2005, 07:24 PM

Default 3-Handed Bluff against limp caller

blinds 75/150

villian in the SB [3410 after calling 75 to complete] likes to limp. earlier as the shortstack, he played a tricky hand with Q Q by limping and i ended up doubling him up when i caught my card [one of the reasons i hate limping and limpers]. after that hand, i bluff raised him preflop off about two or three other hands with really no cards which is a normal adjustment i like to make with players who limp too much. i figured sooner or later, he was going to call one of my raises and put me to the test.

hero BB [5745 after posting BB: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]

i raise 450 to 600, continuing along my m.o. of forcing villian to play his hand if he has one. i did'nt suspect he had a hand worth raising with and if he did, [based on my solid play up to date], i felt that he would reraise either half his stack for a push all-in on the flop if i called or he would just reraise all-in. i suspected he had a hand either borderline calling or folding. my plan if villian just called was to bet a large enough amount that would represent a good portion of his stack, again forcing him to play his hand.

villian calls 450.

flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [pot 1200]

there's a heart draw. i feel i can pretty much rule out hands like A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]x [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]x [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], especially the higher kicker end of x. i feel this would've been hands that he would've raised in the SB with rather than limping and even if he would limp, these might have been the sort of hands he reraised all-in with after i raised. we can rule out calling with J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]x [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hands because i have the Jack. as stated before, i did'nt think he had that great of a hand preflop anyway but in the event that i am mistaken, let's find out.

i bet 1200.

comments.