Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-30-2005, 03:54 PM

Default 5/10: QQ vs. lolo

So for those of you who don't know lolo, he's a super LAG. I haven't played an entire orbit this session yet when I get dealt QQ. Anyways, I'm curious to see what people think of the line taken here and if I should just fold to the turn bet. Lolo knows me as a super-aggressor as well and has even commented "man u push hard" in the last 24 hours. Anyways, comments/thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,
-Ace

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $10 BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

SB ($1116)
BB ($1042)
UTG ($3414.52)
MP ($2163)
CO ($1083)
Hero ($1000)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls $10, MP calls $10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $60</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $50, MP calls $50.

Flop: ($195) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($195) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $150</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $150.

River: ($495) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $790</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1285

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG doesn't show.
Outcome: UTG wins $1285. </font>
Old 12-30-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Re: 5/10: QQ vs. lolo

It may be different at 5/10, but up to 2/4 I feel as though these river overbets are almost always the near nuts.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:07 PM

Lolo is capable of having quad aces here, and also capable of having 74s.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:13 PM

Would you play Ax this way (until the river?)? If yes, I'd call. If no, I'd fold.

My guess is he thinks you don't have an ace. You have no clue what he has, at all. He wins this round. Fold.

Oh yeah, if you want to play the crazy variance train that is 5/10 NL 6 max (I hate this game), push the turn. He might be "good" enough to call with some wacky hands you beat.

Against an unknown, I like your line and I'd fold the river.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:15 PM

Have you seen him raise small pairs in EP? A lot of super LAG's do. This really feels 50/50 to me. Against two opponents who limped called with your button raise, they could still play on with some random ace thinking you're just using your position to put pressure on them. Part of this hand feels like he may have turned or rivered some kind of boat, but at the same time he could have air. I'm just debating in my mind if it's better to just take a stab on the flop. The primary problem with this hand is obviously that villian feels pretty confident that in a multi-way pot you're not going to check this flop or just call this turn. So it lessens, but doesn't eliminate the fact that you don't have an ace, then of course the pressure is on. I think you need to show strength somewhere, the question is where and how without bloating the pot too much. I think the flop is the best bet, and then use your position.

P.S. This may be obvious to a lot of people, but I hope next time you do hit this kind of flop against him, that you play it the exact same way - then smile and take his money.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:17 PM

How optimally is lolo reading your hand here? My guess is you'd have an ace or a full house basically never.

I think you should call.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you seen him raise small pairs in EP?

[/ QUOTE ]

lolo can raise any two in EP !!
Old 12-30-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How optimally is lolo reading your hand here? My guess is you'd have an ace or a full house basically never.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very good point. If lolo is as good as most ppl say he is, then he would have picked up on the fact that Ace would have raised with a big hand much earlier (given what I know of how you play from your posts)
Old 12-30-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lolo is capable of having quad aces here, and also capable of having 74s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that makes it almost impossible to give advice for the river. So, let's backtrack. I assume you would be raising the turn if you had an ace or any other strong hand. What about min-raising the turn here (don't cringe) and pray for a river check by him.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have you seen him raise small pairs in EP?

[/ QUOTE ]

lolo can raise any two in EP !!

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't played against him. Some super lags like to limp small pairs or other big hands in EP to disguise the times the play T4o and call a raise OOP with it. I don't know his style. I'll just assume he knows how to mix his play up well enough and it's difficult to get a solid read.