Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Re: 5/10 River bluff

You're trying to sell BB you were helped by the river ace (and that your most likely holding is AT). The problem is that many aggessive players in a short handed game will raise preflop with AT. If I were BB, because you didn't raise preflop, I would have a difficult time believing the river ace helped you. Seems like an all-in river bluff is a pretty risky move considering how the hand was played.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
move in on turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the way the action went on the turn, I agree that moving in looks strong. However generally speaking, wouldn't you rather just move in on the flop?
Old 11-09-2005, 03:27 PM

re moving in on the flop:

I think I have ZERO fold equity against an overpair here. I hate playing draws that fast unless the draw is a huge one (this is a big draw but not like an OESFD) or I feel I have a decent amount of FE.

The turn: yeah moving in here looks decent. I figured I would just take the cheap card off figuring it was multiway and I had position.

Results: BB said he was folding KK, other villian folded.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:34 PM

You lucky SOB, only hand that gets there, is AT, if he really folded KK, thats awful.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:36 PM

i would like this river AI w/ Ac5c.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:42 PM

Another thing. Yeah I fastplay my good hands..sets, straights, quads, etc but thinking that my opponents know this (villians are not regulars) is giving the average 5/10'r way too much credit. I also don't give too much credit to player who makes a 1.5bb raise from the BB into a sea of callers.

So if villian does not know that I will fastplay a set then my hand range should include sets here also. There are tons of players who call this flop then when boated up on the turn, just call (it IS multiway) hoping the flush/straight draws get there. It's not how I would play it for sure but many would.

I think in this situation a good thinking player will call with KK, a donkey won't if that makes sense.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:45 PM

I hate the river push and Ill tell you why. The way you played the hand, what so exciting about the ace that makes you want to move in? If you had a set, im 100% sure you would of raised on the flop with a bet and a caller with all kinds of draws out there. The turn where you just flat called there which either screams out a draw or monster, BUT since you didnt raise on the flop it seems more like a draw. Now when the As comes on the river they both check to you and you move in? The only possible hand you couldnt be bluffing there with would be A10. Ax of clubs would check down most likely. Thats just my POV.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The turn: yeah moving in here looks decent. I figured I would just take the cheap card off figuring it was multiway and I had position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this better with the nut flush draw.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another thing. Yeah I fastplay my good hands..sets, straights, quads, etc but thinking that my opponents know this (villians are not regulars) is giving the average 5/10'r way too much credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can regulars in the 5/10 game comment on this? This seems like an extremely disparaging comment on the quality of play in this game.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:35 PM

Sure. Let's here from others. But at least 1/2 of 5/10ers won't be able to put the pieces of this bluff together. The play at 5/10 is not that good. 10/20 is way way way different however (from what I've played there).