Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 12:40 PM

Default Re: Sheffield = Clown

Nothing wrong with Sheff and Schill speaking their minds. Like you, I like it. But also nothing wrong with people talking about what they didn't like about what they said.

When Jeter was the leader of the team, they won six pennants and four World Series. Now that Sheff (?) is the leader, they're three games out of the playoffs.

I'd rather they had another starting pitcher than a team leader.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That being said, he is the last hitter any Yankee opponent wants to see at the plate in late innings, and that includes A-Rod, Jeter, and Matsui.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about Giambi? Best hitter on the team this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...no. Giambi has been the best hitter on the team for the last month. His first 3 months were unmentionable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Over the course of the season, Giambi has been the best hitter on the team. This is not up for debate.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's not up for debate is the fact that you must have been in a coma during the months of April, May, and June.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not talking about consistency. And you're a moron for even mentioning June. Only Matsui was better than Giambi in June.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:41 PM

there are two members on the lineup who beat giambi now in HR, RBI and avg. wtf are you talking about.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:43 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
I wouldn't doubt it if he was talking about himself but when I think about who the leader of the Yankees is I think Posada just as much as I think Jeter.

Catchers are natural leaders.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Jeter is the catcher.

Old 08-05-2005, 01:45 PM

Nice dude.

Next thing you know we are going to see Sheffield walking around with his back pocket out and Jeter holding on to it.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Jeter is the catcher.

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh
Old 08-05-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there are two members on the lineup who beat giambi now in HR, RBI and avg. wtf are you talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

OPS.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love it. I wish more ballplayers would do [censored] like this. I don't know, people ask for guys being open, and then guys like Sheff and Schill start saying what's on their minds... and then people start hating them?

[/ QUOTE ]

i wish more ballplayers were open, and schilling does like to talk. however, i don't recall him ever bashing teammates (not calling somebody the leader of the team is a slight bash) and the organization he plays for in one interview.

gary sheffield should be put to sleep before he bites someone.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:18 PM

I think Schilling actually spends a good amount of time bashing his teammates to the press but hides behind being "an anonymous Red Sox player." I think he is the basis for a lot of the negative comments about Manny, for example, and I think he had a lot of negative quotes about Nomar when he was still here as well.

For the most part I wish athletes would just shut the hell up. I'm no more interested in what they have to say than celebrities, either their opinions on world issues or their behind-the-scenes gossip. Maybe I'm spoiled by hockey players, who for the most part give stock answers, always stick up for their teammates and coaches and say the right thing about the fans and the franchise. I wish ballplayers were more like that. I like watching them play ball, not spout off. Actually, that's one of the many many things I love about Manny Ramirez, I have never ever heard a direct quote from him that reflected negatively on anybody.

Sheffield has also admitted he tanked plays in an attempt to get himself traded, and earlier this season stated that if the Yankees traded him, he would make himself a clubhouse cancer on his new team. I generally think he's a jerk whenever he opens his mouth.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:44 PM

very good post.