Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 08:19 PM

Default Re: 1 Year Anniversary of Online Poker Career

[ QUOTE ]

You're not even making enough to pay for your imminent divorce.

[/ QUOTE ]

There should be a minimum number of posts/length of time on 2+2 before you are allowed to make snide comments like this.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:21 PM

Good luck in year two! For all you negative know it alls, grow up and get a life.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some of the posters are negative, but your results actually seem pretty good to me.

You switched careers, and managed to make (close) to the average salary in the US in your first year. You naturally expect to do even better next year. You survived the entire year, and showed a decent profit to boot.

Just my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-02-2005, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I happen to know Bball is an excellent sng player. Why should he count the months in which his heart wasn't in it?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't cherry pick your wins and losses to make your ROI what you want it to be. Your ROI includes everything, your good and bad months.

Downswings are a part of poker, you can't say "if I didn't haver that downswing my real ROI is this"

You have upswings in there as well, which you are convieniently leaving in while taking out the downswings which gives you an inflated ROI.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I happen to know Bball is an excellent sng player. Why should he count the months in which his heart wasn't in it?

Iceman - 45% roi? Give me a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said 40-45% ROI which is exactly what it was in the $20s and $30s at Stars. I never played the $55s that he is reffering to because I switched over to cash games before I climbed that high.

You dont have to believe me if you dont want to, but I know several guys who are between 40-50% ROI consistently.

When I state my win rate in a cash game, I dont get to take out the days, weeks or months that my "heart wasnt in it". I know better than to play when my heart isnt in it.

Heres something to think about...

I just calculated your total ROI based on the figures you gave. Its just over 11%. A SNG takes about an hour (at least at Stars it does). The better you are, the longer they take because you play longer obviously. At 11% ROI, its probably less than an hour but we call it an hour to make this easy.

Your making $6.05/hr per SNG.

You can make $6.05/hr playing a $100NL cash game if your win rate is 5PTBBs/100 hands. Thats a VERY low win rate for $100NL. A good player can double that.

So what Im saying is that even if youre only a so so player, you can equal your win rate by playing $100NL.

Its also much easier to play 2 or 3 cash games than it is 2 or 3 SNGS at the same time. And the skill level at $100NL is not as high as a $55 SNG.

Cash games are the way to go.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:12 PM

Great post! It’s refreshing to see someone post something very real that is not a gigantic success story post. And I’m not surprised to see lots of critical comments -- most people don’t want to read about how their little hobby might not be all its cracked up to be.

Good luck in Y2.
-greg
Old 08-02-2005, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Iceman - 45% roi? Give me a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said 40-45% ROI which is exactly what it was in the $20s and $30s at Stars. I never played the $55s that he is reffering to because I switched over to cash games before I climbed that high.

You dont have to believe me if you dont want to, but I know several guys who are between 40-50% ROI consistently.

When I state my win rate in a cash game, I dont get to take out the days, weeks or months that my "heart wasnt in it". I know better than to play when my heart isnt in it.

Heres something to think about...

I just calculated your total ROI based on the figures you gave. Its just over 11%. A SNG takes about an hour (at least at Stars it does). The better you are, the longer they take because you play longer obviously. At 11% ROI, its probably less than an hour but we call it an hour to make this easy.

Your making $6.05/hr per SNG.

You can make $6.05/hr playing a $100NL cash game if your win rate is 5PTBBs/100 hands. Thats a VERY low win rate for $100NL. A good player can double that.

So what Im saying is that even if youre only a so so player, you can equal your win rate by playing $100NL.

Its also much easier to play 2 or 3 cash games than it is 2 or 3 SNGS at the same time. And the skill level at $100NL is not as high as a $55 SNG.

Cash games are the way to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that sounds like it may be great advice and constructive criticism..........
Old 08-02-2005, 11:28 PM

Good for you. At least you had the balls to go for it,instead of staying stuck in something you were no longer happy with. a lot of these posts are busting your balls,but just smile,because most of them will be punching a time clock in the morning. Good luck in year 2.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:43 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. This is unsustainable. Completely.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
I just calculated your total ROI based on the figures you gave. Its just over 11%.

[/ QUOTE ]

An ROI of 11 at the 55s certainly isn't terrible. If he can keep that up 4-tabling, and has a rakeback deal, that's not too bad.

The rest of your post is pretty on target, but those 2 things stood out to me.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:04 AM

I'm just curious on how big of Bankroll you keep so that you never go broke?

Thanks