Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Paradise Poker --worst site ever.

I've never said online poker is rigged, in my entire life.

I swear to god, this site is rigged. I've been playing online for years and never seen this many suckouts in 24hrs. The play is sooo passive. Is this the reason?
donks call in hopes they will turn a gutshot draw, constantly.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Paradise Poker --worst site ever.

either this or i'm running as poorly as possible. one of those streaks where you question your ability and sanity as a poker player.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:25 PM

If it makes you feel any better, Paradise is the only site (I play on 14) that Im a loser at over a 6 month period. I think it might be more due to my reliance on HUD than the play.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:37 PM

It is different at times....a raise in EP+1 will often get 5-6 seeing the flop at 5/10 full...not nessesarily a bad thing at all...
Not sure if I like it yet though, only ~1k hands
Old 10-31-2005, 02:41 PM

I played there this weekend ....

I lost 6 straight times with AKo, 7 straight times with AKo, and 12 straight times with KQs (well one of them I folded preflop). Luckily my total loss was less than the bonus, but after I cleared it I withdrew. I should not be a loser over any 3000 game stretch.(at least it never happened before in my first 70k games)

I was 3 wins and 9 losses with KK ... and I only got AA once.

It was very strange and I lost (very unusual).

Also, for the icons in pokertracker, all people with >100 games who had the fish icon were winners and all that had the eagle icon were losers.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
either this or i'm running as poorly as possible. one of those streaks where you question your ability and sanity as a poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are just running bad. i can assure you all that paradise is dealing a fair game.

no question
Old 10-31-2005, 03:10 PM

it's the worst site in terms of going on really hot or cold streaks. And by cold I mean you'll get KK vs AA in NL or you'll have AA vs KK and lose. Also if there was ever site that had a cashout curse paradise would be it.

My roomates all online pros and none really believe in sites or cashout curses but if we run bad at paradise the running joke is that you cashed out or they flipped the switch on you. It's an inside joke said in jest but other guys that we talk to have actually experienced the same thing.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:24 PM

Phew, I thought it was just me! The suckouts there are just incredible. Paradise was my first online site, but that place can make you feel like you don't know a thing about poker. I don't honestly think it's rigged, but it can sure make you think so sometimes.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:50 PM

At one time i thought this site was 100% rigged,(even made a dumb post suggesting it), but experience has shown me the reality of varience. I am still winning about 1.85bb/hr after 70k hands there. All the advertising on the WSOP telecast with the million dollar freeroll has made some nice fish flock there. In my humble experience and opinion, i would play here over party or empire any day. Especially the 5-10 games are loaded with LAGS..

Also if anyone doubts the legitimicy of the shuffle at paradise over other sites like party????? Paradise is the only site that openly publishes there external audit by a HUGE US accounting firm. Try asking party about the legitimacy of there shuffle or look for info on there website about it and good luck getting any kind of CLEAR answer. Not at all saying party is rigged(it' not), but just stating a personal observation.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:52 PM

Default Re: Paradise Poker --BESTsite ever.

[ QUOTE ]
it's the worst site in terms of going on really hot or cold streaks

[/ QUOTE ]

this statement suggests that you think it is not totally random. if it is not totally random, then it is rigged. you have been around WAY too long to think this of Paradise, i would imagine.

fwiw, i have killed the site since day one, but can't get ahead at stars. however, i will defend stars deal (and have many times).