Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Party Poker is it legit?

There seems to be a disproportionate amount of bad beats. Is there something up with there card generator software? Are there sites that seem to run better? Thanks
Old 10-30-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Party Poker is it legit?

The bad beats are the same as in your home game/B&M game. You're playing way more hands so there are more beats than in live poker. Plus the players are way worse, so they are playing longer with bad hands, thus more bad beats.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:11 PM

but I get aces 5% less than I should after 50k hands [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2005, 06:13 PM

Yup, party poker is rigged. There has been alot of discussion on this topic, and the top players have all reached the same agreement: Party Poker is most certainly rigged in favour of the bad players.

There is a way to get around this though. Play at the lower limits for about a week and play as bad and loose as you possibly can, Party will flag you as a "bad player" and the odds will be swayed in your favour for about a week. Repeat process after a week, move up significantly in stakes, profit greatly.

Oh and btw, no its not rigged, the site would have been long gone and sued to death if it was :-(
Old 10-30-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There seems to be a disproportionate amount of bad beats. Is there something up with there card generator software? Are there sites that seem to run better? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Happy now?
Old 10-30-2005, 07:31 PM

First off, the FAQ here should address some of your questions in a compact and direct fashion.

Also, I've started a website with articles aimed at the player who is new to online poker on these very topics. I have a currently going series on shuffling, RNG's and the like.

The target audience is not the typical 2+2 player who has online poker experience.

I'm hoping to create a site where people can point their friends who have the same questions most players have at the beginning.

After a few months of writing, I should have a fairly comprehensive set of articles on these topics.

Bottom line: Major sites are dealing a fair game and 'bad beats' are a part of the game. Loose games are typically more profitable, but also have players calling down and catching cards too.

Add the fact that often when you WIN, your opponents cards are mucked or he folds to a river bet, so you don't see that he called you down with bottom pair hoping to catch a second pair or a 2-outer set. But when you lose the hand, you see the beat.

Good luck to you. If you're enjoying online poker, I recommend reading material such as "Small Stakes Hold 'Em," "Internet Texas Hold 'Em," or "Winning Low Limit Hold 'Em"
Old 10-30-2005, 08:23 PM

Full Tilt and Ultimate Bet seem legit.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:48 PM

It's as legit as my pattern map.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yup, party poker is rigged. There has been alot of discussion on this topic, and the top players have all reached the same agreement: Party Poker is most certainly rigged in favour of the bad players.

There is a way to get around this though. Play at the lower limits for about a week and play as bad and loose as you possibly can, Party will flag you as a "bad player" and the odds will be swayed in your favour for about a week. Repeat process after a week, move up significantly in stakes, profit greatly.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I've done, and I've made tens of thousands of dollars. The important thing is to play any 2 cards, and see them all the way through to the river, calling all bets along the way. All 2+2ers do this at partypoker, it is the secret to big, big, big money.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:55 PM

You need to adjust to the game. And by adjusting to the game, you need to understand that bad hands win disproporitonately there, so you should play them more. 72o isn't called "The Hammer" for nothing. Call any bet preflop and then bet and raise the whole way through if you hit any part of the flop. All the best guides to beating Party Poker mention this, so look for some online. They're usually standard MS Word documents.