FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Everyday Dick Moves

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A temporary construction sign says lane closed ahead and people wait until the last second to get over, this is pretty much the cause of any construction traffic, and then when it gets really backed up people race down the open lane and try to get over, i never let these [censored] over.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always race past everyone, because even though most people don't want to let you in you can always find a sucker.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is by far the worst "dick move" mentioned so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Muthafuckas do this and they get got.

This is for real the only thing on the highway that absolutely makes me want to cut someone's throat. I can't stand assholes who do this. Self-important pricks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why if there is a backup like this, I hedge out into that lane that is closing and continue at the same speed so that i am still "in line", but none can get around me. Plus if you are doing this, the guy behind you always sees whats up and saves your spot for ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

TY sir. A guy did this last night and I backed him up. It lasted abouta quarter mile at 10 MPH and I was LMAO the whole time.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Driving:

A temporary construction sign says lane closed ahead and people wait until the last second to get over, this is pretty much the cause of any construction traffic, and then when it gets really backed up people race down the open lane and try to get over, i never let these [censored] over.

Also when someone is trying to get over in the everyday situation and i use the stare ahead and act like i dont see them, its great.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completely wrong. It is most effecient if everyone uses every last inch of the closing lane to merge. And the cause of the slowdown is uncooperative merging. The merging would be uncooperative no matter if it took place ten miles back, or at the last second. But using all of the available lane allows the most throughput for a given stretch of road. So I hate to tell you guys, but by not letting people in you are the dicks and are slowing everyone down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. This is one 100% correct. It is a merge so if everyone just merged at a steady pace instead on cramming into the one lane a 2 miles ahead of the end it would run smoothly.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO, the one lane is a bottleneck. Throughput is the same regardless of where the merging takes place, it is almost always a function of only the one lane.

Merging COULD be done at the last second, but this wouldn't speed things up, and if people are merging earlier, and you uncooperatively try to skip all of them, you're the dick.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
am i the only one that doesn't care about tailgating when there's more than one lane? if a guy wants to go faster than me in a > 1 lane situation, he has the right to. if i'm in the left i will get over to the right so he can get by

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Most people are so self absorbed that they take everything that happens on the road as some sort of personal interaction. Its just traffic man. That's how traffic works.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats girly car/ wimpy driver talk. Real men don't get passed by anyone [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. You need to read some of the car centric boards to get a feel for some of these people. Once you realize that they are "racing" not "driving" you will understand why they can be such aholes on the road.

The other issue is the people that are self absorbed enough not to notice anything that happens on the road. You can decide which is worse.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:52 PM

Regarding tailgating.

I'll move over if I can- but if somebody is riding my bumper and I couldn't possible go faster or move over, I will slow the [censored] down and make their life difficult. Frankly- I am a GREAT arbiter of how fast to drive, so if you want to go faster than me you're an idiot anyway, and if you're trying to crawl up my ass and it won't get anything done, we'll be doing it at a speed where you might not kill me if you hit me.

I also will do the "move over slightly to block off somebody trying to skirt by on the right when there isn't really a right lane" If Seattle people know the part of I5 just south of Northgate where you enter onto 5 from Northgate way- people are horrible there.

If somebody edges into a crosswalk that I'm in, and they're just looking hella impatient, I'll slow way down. On the other side, if they stay back and don't creep up, I'll hustle out of the way.

As my friend and I were talking about today, sometimes if somebody is being an idiot and not looking where they're walking, I'll let them run into me instead of moving. This is a good move if you're me, because they're mos def getting the bad end of that impact. (I'll only do this if they're just doing something exceptionally dumb when they should be walking).
Old 12-09-2005, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This is completely wrong. It is most effecient if everyone uses every last inch of the closing lane to merge. And the cause of the slowdown is uncooperative merging. The merging would be uncooperative no matter if it took place ten miles back, or at the last second. But using all of the available lane allows the most throughput for a given stretch of road. So I hate to tell you guys, but by not letting people in you are the dicks and are slowing everyone down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. This is one 100% correct. It is a merge so if everyone just merged at a steady pace instead on cramming into the one lane a 2 miles ahead of the end it would run smoothly.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO, the one lane is a bottleneck. Throughput is the same regardless of where the merging takes place, it is almost always a function of only the one lane.

Merging COULD be done at the last second, but this wouldn't speed things up, and if people are merging earlier, and you uncooperatively try to skip all of them, you're the dick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course Brainwalter is right. It doesn't matter if everyone merges at the last second, or a mile back when they first see the contruction sign, the total system speed will be the same. Normal people are angry because a couple assholes cut down their individual wait time, and add to everyone else's.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course Brainwalter is right. It doesn't matter if everyone merges at the last second, or a mile back when they first see the contruction sign, the total system speed will be the same. Normal people are angry because a couple assholes cut down their individual wait time, and add to everyone else's.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are volumes of research on traffic patterns done by nearly every city state and national government in the world. They make for interesting readin when you are REAL bored.

The reason this is wrong is because traffic does not resume normal flow once it becomes one lane, or less lanes. The longer the lane restrictions the lower the throughput. Queueing prior to merging makes this area of lessened flow longer. And the merging difficulties are EXACTLY the same at the moment of queueing. If there is pavement that can hold a car, you want a car on it.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always race past everyone, because even though most people don't want to let you in you can always find a sucker.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is by far the worst "dick move" mentioned so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Muthafuckas do this and they get got.

This is for real the only thing on the highway that absolutely makes me want to cut someone's throat. I can't stand assholes who do this. Self-important pricks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why if there is a backup like this, I hedge out into that lane that is closing and continue at the same speed so that i am still "in line", but none can get around me. Plus if you are doing this, the guy behind you always sees whats up and saves your spot for ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

TY sir. A guy did this last night and I backed him up. It lasted abouta quarter mile at 10 MPH and I was LMAO the whole time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sincerely hope that people that do this get tagged for failing to follow even the basic rules of the road. Were I a cop I would give every one of them a careless.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Driving:

Also when someone is trying to get over in the everyday situation and i use the stare ahead and act like i dont see them, its great.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be one of those guys that saves a minute of their time to cause problems for everyone else, if the sign is ten miles back and everyone has merged MERGE!!!!!!!!! There is a reason they put the sign back so far its not an accident.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:44 PM

Dont know if this is everyday but several times when people took my laundry out of the washing machine to use it and placed on a surface that was dusty I have urinated in their laundry.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Driving:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be one of those guys that saves a minute of their time to cause problems for everyone else, if the sign is ten miles back and everyone has merged MERGE!!!!!!!!! There is a reason they put the sign back so far its not an accident.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be one of those guys that votes based on your personal wild speculation about the politicians motivations instead of trying to determine the effect of their policies. (Everything that is wrong with American democracy)

And yes my post is a much more sensible response to yours, than your was to mine.