Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-13-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Totalbet and UKbetting poker (crypto) are scum

[ QUOTE ]
Once again and for the last time. Business means obligation to keep your word. At least in the world I live. You semm to live in a different one and if you like it good for you. I think it's wrong to change the terms of a promotion, especially when you might earn from it in the short time (while knowing that because gambler's have an addiction problem, they can be screwed every day and they will keep showing up).

[/ QUOTE ]

They did keep their word. Everyone who got two aces the first sunday got paid, right? And everyone who get two red aces today will get paid, right?

You think its wrong to change the rules of a promotion because it makes it harder for you to do a hit and run on this site. Which by the way is probably why they changed it in the first place. Karma is a bitch.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:12 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

When they begun their promotion, they sent an e-mail to all their customers. That is like 20 minuttes work and 1 push in the "enter button".
When they decided to alter the promotion, they just changed "any 2 aces" to "2red aces" the page on the website (which not many visit more than once, even if I could admit that it is a mistake not to check every day what you are getting into).
There was no e-mail this time (about 5 minutes work and still 1 lonely push on the "enter" button).

Had I got an email, telling me, sorry, but we were very stupid last time and we can't keep our word, therefor we change the promotion to something that will reward 1/6 of what we promissed, I would have laughed at them and moved on.
What irritates me, is that not only me, but a bunch of other players are suddenly sitting at their tables not knowing that the bonus terms have been changed, because the site knows that this is going to happen and that they will earn from it. Of course they are allowed to alter their stupid promotion, and they can always say that one could read about it at this or that page (notice again that it does not say "we have changed the promotion", it just says something else as if nothing ever had ocurred) but they do it in a way so they catch as many ignorant players as possible.

And yes, it is a moral issue, and you can be a scum also from a moral point of view.
As I said before, I understand they were probably hitten hard, but I and others, just received a mail telling us "come and play because we are offering this and that" I cannot see what the fact of me playing there or not at other occasions has to do with anything. They asked me to come, and I fulfilled my part of the deal.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:26 PM

They did keep their word. Everyone who got two aces the first sunday got paid, right? And everyone who get two red aces today will get paid, right?

So if you get a job that pays 3000$ a month, get paid the first month and then a week into the second month you find out that they have posted a small notice in some far dark office saying that from month 2 you only earn 500$ it's ok?
They also kept their word the first month...

You think its wrong to change the rules of a promotion because it makes it harder for you to do a hit and run on this site. Which by the way is probably why they changed it in the first place. Karma is a bitch.

I would like to know hot the fact that I play where I want, under the conditions I chose and for how long or how expensive I decide has anything to do with the issue here?

When you one day have climbed from 0.02/0.04/ to 300/600 (which is probably never going to happen by only playing poker, but that is another story) and begin eating steak at every meal, are you never going to eat a burger again in your life? Good luck to you....

It seems that some (not to say most) of you, when they cannot find arguments for the real issue, try to focus on whatever minor detail you think will affect the OP.

Maybe I was letting my kids play the bonus, was teaching a friend, maybe I have 12 accounts at each site and then it is a larger amount of money, maybe, maybe... whatever is the right answer, it concerns only me and has nothing to do with the issue in this thread.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So if you get a job that pays 3000$ a month, get paid the first month and then a week into the second month you find out that they have posted a small notice in some far dark office saying that from month 2 you only earn 500$ it's ok?
They also kept their word the first month...

[/ QUOTE ]

When you are employed you have a contract that you can enforce in a court of law. When it comes to this promotion, the deal is the current requirements. Anyone who bonuswhore should know that you always check the T&C before doing it because the terms change often.

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to know hot the fact that I play where I want, under the conditions I chose and for how long or how expensive I decide has anything to do with the issue here?

When you one day have climbed from 0.02/0.04/ to 300/600 (which is probably never going to happen by only playing poker, but that is another story) and begin eating steak at every meal, are you never going to eat a burger again in your life? Good luck to you....

It seems that some (not to say most) of you, when they cannot find arguments for the real issue, try to focus on whatever minor detail you think will affect the OP.

Maybe I was letting my kids play the bonus, was teaching a friend, maybe I have 12 accounts at each site and then it is a larger amount of money, maybe, maybe... whatever is the right answer, it concerns only me and has nothing to do with the issue in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you only bonuswhore a site, how can you act surprised when they change the terms in response to extensive bonus whoring? You've made your binary bed here.

Basically your argument is: "This pokerroom had a promotion that cost them a lot of money, why don't they continue with it?". And the answer is in the question.

And if you were letting your kids play the bonus, were teaching a friend or was using 12 accounts at each site, I don't see how these changes have made any of these impossible.

I agree that they could have sent out of a mail informing you of the changes, but that they didn't hardly makes them scum.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:47 PM

When you are employed you have a contract that you can enforce in a court of law.

There is the problem, we are in lawless land.

Basically your argument is: "This pokerroom had a promotion that cost them a lot of money, why don't they continue with it?". And the answer is in the question.

Well, I believe that the answer should be that they are not allowed to pull out, especially if they are going to mislead a lot of players by doing it.

I agree that they could have sent out of a mail informing you of the changes, but that they didn't hardly makes them scum
'
Ok, I agree that scum is a strong word, but in my defense, english is not my first language and my temper takes over sometimes.... (only sometimes I said) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2005, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Many bonuswhores have a distorted sense of entitlement.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I stopped whoring and just play at a few sites. BWs are a lowly bunch (and I should know I was one o the biggest ones).
Old 11-13-2005, 07:58 PM

I checked my emails from totalbet and you are right (I thought I had seen one about he change but that turned out to be the red queens midweek promo).

I did of course hear about the change on the Internet Bonuses forum on Monday/Tuesday, but if you genuinely sat down not knowing it had been changed, hit mixed aces and then found out they changed it, then yes I agree, you have a right to feel aggreived.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Many bonuswhores have a distorted sense of entitlement.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I stopped whoring and just play at a few sites. BWs are a lowly bunch (and I should know I was one o the biggest ones).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree. Also people that shop at Sams Club are a bunch of tight ass anti capitalists. I should know, I spent enough on low markup items to bankrupt capitalism. Now I shop only at Saks, full retail. I feel like more of an American now.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:40 PM

Are you seriously complaining?

we all knew the bonus was too good to be true and figured it would be rescinded. I got an extra 100 pounds last Sunday. How can I be upset with that?

I also was lucky enough to get red aces today while clearing the extra 50 pounds these sites give me every month for only 10 hours of play.

These sites are awesome and I'm very grateful for any *bonus* above my ordinary play at such generous terms.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:44 AM

Well thanks for ruining my day guys. I didnt know that they changed the promotion.
Last week AA 1 time
This week AA 8 times both red 0.
crap!