Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 09:43 PM

Default Re: Paradise Poker --worst site ever.

[ QUOTE ]
I agree the "online poker is rigged" crowd is a bunch of losers/idiots/paranoid fools, etc.

WITH one small caveat... I see quads on Paradise... many many many many quads, many quads. That's all I'm saying... alot of quads.

[/ QUOTE ]

T've played at least 10k hands or so there. I've never seen quads once. You must've seen my share.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:06 PM

i play limit holdem, draw, omaha, SNG's, multi table tourneys, pineapple, 7 card stud, 5 card stud, and probably some other games i forgot to mention at paradise - i am not great at some of these games but i consistently win at all of them and have done for several years

in all the exchanges i have had with many on-line sites the only replies i have had that when it counts recognise me as a valued customer have come from paradise - i have never had a drama cashing out there

my kids complain when i play elsewhere because they like the chocolate coated strawberries

its an excellent site - you have no clue

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 10-31-2005, 10:22 PM

I had trips 3 times in one day, sucked out on the river by str8s and flushes. Yes, it was paradise and it was this weekend. Is the site rigged? No, just a bad spot. I have somehow pissed off the poker gods. This stuff happens everywhere, not just Paradise.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:36 AM

Default Re: Paradise Poker --BESTsite ever.

Gabyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................. Where you been?

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2005, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I do not have a sufficient sample size, but I got quads 3 times in 3000 hands which is 4 times the EV. I should only have got them .75 times.

I got quad tens with TT on the turn, quad threes with runner runner 3's, and quad jacks with KJ.

I also saw alot of other people getting alot of quads although that is ancedotal evidence. Also, we are not even counting the hands where I might have got quads that were not played to the river, or I did not see the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez, I flopped quad 4's my VERY FIRST real money hold'em hand. It means squat.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. imo, software is awesome and they have fixed the speed issue.

[/ QUOTE ]
Speed seems a tiny bit better - tables still disappear at random, though. (Either that or there are actually only two 1/2 LHE tables open right now.) And HHs still arrive unpredictably.

[ QUOTE ]
2. imo, support is second to none. right up there with stars

[/ QUOTE ]
Their reply to an e-mail titled "Hand Histories Broken?" was about how to qualify for another million-dollar freeroll.

[ QUOTE ]
3. i have not had a cashout take more than 24 hours in 2 years. usually done in less than 12 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]
Linky for you
Old 11-01-2005, 03:30 AM

With 2900 posts, I'd assume you'd have been around long enough to know that posting "rigged" claptrap is poor form. It is also IMHO totally irresponsible -- we can get plenty of "rigged" whines in poker table chat windows, planting seeds so that new players freak out and stop playing when they hit a rough patch.

Let me help you: I have never seen one tiny drop of evidence that Paradise is rigged in any way. If you've read the information on Paradise's shuffling algorithm and RNG seed source, you'd be confident in the randomness of their cards.

I've written some articles on my just-started website about online shuffling algorithms, etc. Read the basic stuff, then go to the Paradise website and find their info.

Their cards are totally random. Their revenue model is this: rake pots. They don't care if you win or lose. They like to make money by raking pots.

Given the style of play there, what puny benefit could be gained by creating occasional "action hands" (a significant effort above/beyond a simple shuffling algorithm and rng) that would not be overwhelmed by simply improving the software to deal a few more hands per hour?

Its going to be a while before I cover all the "rigged" theories, so you'll have to be patient. My goal is that everytime I see a post with another "rigged" theory, I can quickly point to a list of articles which thoroughly address those worries.

Paradise went through a phase pre-SportingBet merger where the play was a bit tighter IMHO. Now, playing there is a real joy at low limits.

If you want to play at a site where top pair "wins more often" because there are rarely more than 3 to see a flop, go to the former party-skins, Prima during US evenings, and most Absolute .5/1 tables. That way, you can reduce your tilt-inducing "suckouts" and win 3 BB pots in happiness.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I should not be a loser over any 3000 game stretch.(at least it never happened before in my first 70k games)

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO. Every time I think I have read the dumbest comment 2+2 could ever see, you prove me wrong...

Acme

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have never lost over a 3k span you are can either see through the cards or you have a clover growing out your butthole.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:15 AM

Default Re: Paradise Poker --BESTsite ever.

[ QUOTE ]

fwiw, i have killed the site since day one, but can't get ahead at Party. however, i will defend Party's deal (and have many times).

[/ QUOTE ]

Edited for my own experience.

I've won 4.3 BB/100 at Paradise, and lost 2.2 BB/100 at Party, with nearly identical stats. Umm, which site is rigged again? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Variance is a cast-iron bitch.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
maulik is running bad and venting. that's somewhat (but not really) excusable.

anyone else who chimes in in support of paradise rigged in any manner is an idiot.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

If a site was truly rigged how do you think it would manifest itself here on 2+2? My guess is that it would come in the form of posts where many claimed something felt wrong about the site and not someone doing an in depth statistical analysis of 100k hands.

Of course people claiming something feels off is not evidence of rigging. More like evidence of them running bad.

If a site is proven to be guilty of rigging at some point in the future a lot of people will look like idiots for having claimed it was not rigged. In fact they will look as dumb as the people who claim a site is rigged without evidence that it is. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]