Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2005, 11:18 AM

Default How are newbies supposed to find anything good?

This question seems to come up a lot. Particularly, questions like "where can I find that "aleo's guide thing." I wanted to share the reason that such a question personally gets a little on my nerves.

Say I'm a new poster, looking to do, oh, ANY research in this forum. Basically, the first thing I'm doing when I get to the forum front page is to try to find out what are the most viewed threads, and the most replied to threads, in the currently available history of the forum.

The most viewed threads: here.

The most replied to threads:
here.

Now, honestly, when I go and look, many of the most responded to posts in the forum just aren't that great. But well, the top of the "most viewed" list is almost exactly what you'd expect it to be. Maybe the problem is that people have (fairly recently I think) started referring to it as "aleo's guide" instead of the "beating the party 10+1s" as I think was pretty common previously.

As an interesting note, here's what happens when you go to the "recent archives" and do the same thing:

The most viewed threads:
here.

The most replied to threads:
here.

Anyway, that's just my helpful links for people or something for the day, and my 2 cents on why I find it a little silly to keep linking to this stuff all the time, even without mentioning the search function.

citanul