Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2005, 10:22 AM

Default 10k checkup - Can you help me improve?

Party and Paradise 0.50/1. Can you help me improve my next 10k hands? Take your gloves off and rip my stats apart. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Hands played: 10,077
VP$IP%: 19.52
VP$FSB: 31.36
Folded SB to Steal: 60.53
Folded BB to Steal: 53.19
ATT to Steal Blinds: 20.94
W$WSF: 35.87
Amount Won: $641.09
BB/100 Hands: 6.36
Went to SD: 41.07
Won $ at SD: 47.55
PF Raise %: 9.17

Aggression:
Flop: 2.99
Turn: 2.42
River: 2.52
Total: 2.67

My "Went to SD" is insanely high compared to the norm. I think I called way too much on the river just after my first read of SSH, but I've tightened up somewhat. It's still very high though.

olavfo
Old 03-12-2005, 10:31 AM

Default Re: 10k checkup - Can you help me improve?

They look fine to me. You already noticed the only thing I would point out. Obviously if your Went to SD is high your Won $ at SD is going to be a bit low, so as soon as you start dropping those marginal hands and stop going to SD you'll see that Won $ at SD jump up. Even though those stats are a little off you appear to be running very well!
Gratz
Old 03-12-2005, 10:39 AM

You have a good win rate but you went to SD way to much. It should go down to like 33 % and won at sd will go up to 50-54 %. I dont like your river aggression, it's higher than turn. Work on the river. Also, steal more. It's not a big deal at all at 0.5/1 since you usually don't get the chance but it will be more important when you play 1/2.
How many hands have you played? I think you should play some more on 0.5/1 before you move up to get these things straightened. If you move up leaks like this will punish you. 1/2 is quite different from 0.5/1, you will not win nearly as much easy money there.

Do you multitable? You should definately give it a try. Go up to at least 6 tables but start with fewer of course.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:53 AM

You are running very well. I've never seen a winrate so high when the W$SD is so low. You obvioulsy regulary err on the side of showdown over fold. While you aren't getting bluffed out of any pots you aren't really using your reads either. I would try to work on your hand reading and what the betting action is telling you. You need to fold when the other players obvuioulsy have you beaten more or you will get eaten alive at the higher limits.

Other than that I think everything looks pretty good. You're obviously doing a lot right. I like your pfr%. You might be defending your blinds too much for this level though...
Old 03-12-2005, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I dont like your river aggression, it's higher than turn. Work on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good point and something I hadn't thought about. There might be a little "what the hell" factor involved sometimes on the river. Definitely something I need to work on.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, steal more. It's not a big deal at all at 0.5/1 since you usually don't get the chance but it will be more important when you play 1/2.

[/ QUOTE ]
Duly noted.

[ QUOTE ]

How many hands have you played? I think you should play some more on 0.5/1 before you move up to get these things straightened. If you move up leaks like this will punish you. 1/2 is quite different from 0.5/1, you will not win nearly as much easy money there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had played perhaps 2k break even hands before getting serious. I took a break from online play and studied the 2+2 classics, then bought Poker Tracker, and have played these 10k hands since. So I am still very green.

I probably won't attempt 1/2 before at least another 10k hands.

[ QUOTE ]

Do you multitable? You should definately give it a try. Go up to at least 6 tables but start with fewer of course.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can play 2 tables without problems, but I think I need work more on the basics before going further.

Thanks for the comments! Much appreciated.

olavfo
Old 03-12-2005, 11:12 AM

True, I'm rarely getting bluffed out of pots, but then again I might assume too much bluffing. Could be an ego problem as well, since I hate to lose. I need to work on that (I have ordered The Psychology of Poker from Amazon). [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The blind defense is actually something that has worked very well. I tend to defend aggressively a couple of times early in a session and most often my blinds are left alone after that.

My position stats for the blinds:

SB: 88.77 BB lost on 1,180 hands (-0.08/hand)
BB: 259.34 BB lost on 1284 hands (-0.20/hand)

Are these normal numbers?

olavfo
Old 03-12-2005, 12:09 PM

I'll nitpick a couple of your points since OP seems to be taking them to heart. I liked the majority of the post, but there are a couple of things I'll take issue with:

[ QUOTE ]
steal more

[/ QUOTE ]

At 0.5/1, if you never steal, you are still doing perfectly well. The vast majority of 0.5/1 are calling stations who will rarely fold in the blinds. Remember, the value of a steal comes from the fold equity. If you know someone will never fold, then raising a hand like Q3o from the CO is just spewing.

I agree that this becomes more important at 1/2 and above, although even then you shouldn't be doing it too often. If you're able to steal on a regular basis, you need to get up and find another table.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a big advocate of multitabling, but "at least 6" is a huge number. I'd argue that at 4 tables and up you're mostly on autopilot and rarely have the time to think through your own play or read the play of others. This is fine if you're looking to max your hands played, but if you're looking to improve your game, a strong argument could be made for playing fewer tables and focusing more on the quality of your play.
Old 03-12-2005, 12:27 PM

You need to lower your BB/100. It's way too high.
More seriously, I'm very impressed by the combination of high WSD, high river aggression and high BB/100. Is it only a good run and you haven't yet suffered the BAD BEATS or do you know something that we don't?
Old 03-12-2005, 12:38 PM

No really bad runs yet, but I had a couple of -100 BB downswings between 5k and 10k hands. I'm just waiting for the big one. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

It's hard to explain why my stats are the way they are, and I admit that a couple of numbers look a bit weird. But then again it's only 10k hands. The high win rate coupled with low "Win at SD" obviously indicates I have been winning quite a few very big pots, which is true. I very rarely (never?) fold those.

olavfo
Old 03-12-2005, 01:10 PM

You go to SD way too much IMO.