Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 11:24 AM

Default I pushed the raise button till my fingers were numb

Ok my fingers did not bleed but they got numb.
What I would like you guys to look at:
1) Just what am I up against on the flop the turn and the river.
2) This looks exactly like the tables you guys dream of. How do you survive IDIOTS playing random hands and having some type of genetic need to see the show down? I can play against one but not two or more. I would be better off just transfering them my money and playing mine sweeper.
3) Is there ANY adjustment to make with these play any two players that does not increase variance. I am about to variance my bank roll off.
4) Why when I walk away from a game like that before I tilt do I feel ok and incontrol but when I come here to post a hand that bothers me I just want to vomit. I should feel better trying to come here and post, looking for solutions but when I do I feel like there really is no answer to my problem.

5) <font color="red">Please if you feel the need to comment on my pre flop play do it in a PM. I will answer you and tell you how stupid I was for not folding/raising this hand out of the blind. This hand and my play is not about preflop. </font> If you think that it is please PM me and I will listen.

6) I am having some serious second thoughts about TOP and the worshipping of the 2+2 writers. I know that this is blasphamy but if Slansky and Miller were as good as they say then they would be house hold names like Chan, Unger, Moneyspender sorry Moneymaker, and gag me with a spoon Helmouth. If poker is so good to them then why are they not playing rather than selling books and running a web site? If you want to comment about this I suggest that a PM would be most appropriate.

I know that you are going to say "you should have seen that straight and the flush draw" but the facts are I protected my hand, I represented a higher straight, and another player came along with only a pair. We know that idiots are going to play (myself included) so how is it good advice to bet and lower our standards as the pot fills up? Would we not be cash ahead if we folded each and every hand that has a flush or straight draw on the board. I can not tell when these guys even know they have a hand. I seriously wonder if the winner of this hand even knew what he was drawing to.

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG checks, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5.00 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (19.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 22.50 BB.
Results in white below:<font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has 8d 7d (a straight, six to ten.)
Hero has 9s 2d (two pairs, nines and twos.)
Button has Th Qh (a pair of tens.)
SB wins 21.50 BB.
</font>
Old 11-30-2005, 11:27 AM

Default Re: I pushed the raise button till my fingers were numb

wtf
Old 11-30-2005, 11:31 AM

the only thing SB did wrong was not 3bet the flop
Old 11-30-2005, 11:33 AM

I have a hard time believing any of the 2+2 writers capp that turn.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:35 AM

Preflop is good, Flop is good. Turn raise is good. Don't know why you're capping the turn except to get more dead money in from the Button I guess. River is fine.

Just call the turn 3-bet.

Edit: Wow, SB had a monster draw, I can't imagine why he didn't 3-bet, let you cap, there.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:37 AM

is this post a joke?

if not, you have several serious misunderstandings about this game.

i don't like your turn cap.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:50 AM

Just fold pre-flop, even though it's your big blind.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:01 PM

Oh my. That's one hell of a rant. When you sat down and wrote this was it your intent to get burnt to a crisp with the flaming that would result? Is everyine having a losing month for November?? I'm feeling kind. I will try to help you, oh troubled soul.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A straight draw, a flush draw, a set, a better two pair, take your pick. In fact the very first hand I suspected before looking at the results was 87.

[ QUOTE ]
2) This looks exactly like the tables you guys dream of. How do you survive IDIOTS playing random hands and having some type of genetic need to see the show down? I can play against one but not two or more. I would be better off just transfering them my money and playing mine sweeper.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where I make the standard line of, I suppose you'd prefer to play against good players?

[ QUOTE ]
3) Is there ANY adjustment to make with these play any two players that does not increase variance. I am about to variance my bank roll off.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you are about to tilt your bankroll off.

[ QUOTE ]
4) Why when I walk away from a game like that before I tilt do I feel ok and incontrol but when I come here to post a hand that bothers me I just want to vomit.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you weren't ok and in control. You were obviously tilting. If you play a hand a different way because of an emotional response, that's tilt.

[ QUOTE ]
I should feel better trying to come here and post, looking for solutions but when I do I feel like there really is no answer to my problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bottomset's logo would fit in nicely here.

[ QUOTE ]
5) <font color="red">Please if you feel the need to comment on my pre flop play do it in a PM. I will answer you and tell you how stupid I was for not folding/raising this hand out of the blind. This hand and my play is not about preflop. </font> If you think that it is please PM me and I will listen.

[/ QUOTE ]

You checked in the BB. I fail to understand what the feck you're talking about.

[ QUOTE ]
6) I am having some serious second thoughts about TOP and the worshipping of the 2+2 writers. I know that this is blasphamy but if Slansky and Miller were as good as they say then they would be house hold names like Chan, Unger, Moneyspender sorry Moneymaker, and gag me with a spoon Helmouth. If poker is so good to them then why are they not playing rather than selling books and running a web site? If you want to comment about this I suggest that a PM would be most appropriate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they have a lot more money than Chan at this point.

[ QUOTE ]
I know that you are going to say "you should have seen that straight and the flush draw" but the facts are I protected my hand, I represented a higher straight, and another player came along with only a pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact is that you tried to get tricky against straightforward basic level players. So you're angry at them for not recognising your trickiness? As far as a player coming along only with one pair, that's how you make money in the long run.

[ QUOTE ]
We know that idiots are going to play (myself included) so how is it good advice to bet and lower our standards as the pot fills up? Would we not be cash ahead if we folded each and every hand that has a flush or straight draw on the board. I can not tell when these guys even know they have a hand. I seriously wonder if the winner of this hand even knew what he was drawing to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he had a better idea than you.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:02 PM

The guy completed in the SB with a decent suited connector and flopped and OESFD... he ain't going anywhere.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok my fingers did not bleed but they got numb.
What I would like you guys to look at:

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the donk-3bet on the turn seems to be saying he can beat top pair. I'd say you're probably behind at that point to a set, better two pair or maybe even the str8. You need to slow down on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]

2) This looks exactly like the tables you guys dream of. How do you survive IDIOTS playing random hands and having some type of genetic need to see the show down?

[/ QUOTE ]

Play good hands. Don't be overaggressive with marginal holdings.

[ QUOTE ]

4) Why when I walk away from a game like that before I tilt do I feel ok and incontrol but when I come here to post a hand that bothers me I just want to vomit. I should feel better trying to come here and post, looking for solutions but when I do I feel like there really is no answer to my problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know what to tell you there, it's just the opposite for me. Got to let go, young samurai.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? Do you really think someone would tell you to play this any differently preflop? You're in the big blind, there is no bet to you, so why fold? You've got 92o, so why raise? Preflop and flop are fine here.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This text is a waste of space. There may be a forum on these boards that this commentary would belong in, but it's not this one. Try to stick to specific concepts and ideas.

[ QUOTE ]

I know that you are going to say "you should have seen that straight and the flush draw" but the facts are I protected my hand, I represented a higher straight, and another player came along with only a pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no higher str8 possible than the one SB holds. He has the nuts on the turn. As someone else noted, his mistake was not 3betting the flop (I think he could have made up for that by checkraising the turn, but no matter.)

[ QUOTE ]

We know that idiots are going to play (myself included) so how is it good advice to bet and lower our standards as the pot fills up? Would we not be cash ahead if we folded each and every hand that has a flush or straight draw on the board. I can not tell when these guys even know they have a hand. I seriously wonder if the winner of this hand even knew what he was drawing to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Deep breaths, Buccaneer. Deep breaths.
Closed Thread