Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 04:19 AM

Default Re: Weak Tight you say Mikel?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let me reiterate that last point. If there is any benefit from seeing his hand, then betting is clearly the correct move. Does that make sense, PB?

[/ QUOTE ]

A bet pretty much guarantees that she *doesn't* get to see his hand. Either he calls and most likely mucks without showing, or he checkraises and Babe mucks. I think the point people are missing is that Babe wanted to find out if she was right in ruling out hands other than QQ/JJ. And I also think she knows she's costing herself value on this one hand in order to gain this information.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think so. I think she is just trying to justify her weak tightness by claiming she wanted to see what he had. Its just like when people make overly lag moves and then justify it with "image purposes"
Old 09-30-2005, 04:25 AM

Default Re: Weak Tight you say Mikel?

[ QUOTE ]
LBPLS

And this would be "look bad play loose and stupid"? LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to get your mind out of the gutter. I think he means Look Bad Play Like [censored].
Old 09-30-2005, 04:28 AM

Default Re: oh, there were two players . . .

[ QUOTE ]
They don't play for the same reasons most of us play. It's not for fun, or money even. It's on some level a way to prove they are superior to others, or to prove to themselves that they are smart. That's why so many are cranky all the time, especially when others are having fun and not playing "right".

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like this could apply to a lot of the people who responded to Babe's post, too.