Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: A5s and JJ. Opinions please.

*grunch*
Hand 1: Raise the turn. Flushes will tag along and pay it.
Hand 2: Yes this fold is correct. There is a K and 2x[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the board. 5 Players are in so it is possible you are drawing to your 2 outs (you got to reduce your outs because you can hit and still lose). There is no way you got the odds to call there.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn, I really doubt, raise the hand A5s on the flop? I really didn't want to lose any limpers. Going for a c/r on the turn/river there was big probability 2 people would call my raise. and then lead out the river.

I would raise the flop against 1 opponent though.

Leak?

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW i totally agree with you, the river in hand 1 is possibly a thin value cap tho its pretty close.

hand 2 you have to lead out that flop, hand plays differently after that
Old 12-11-2005, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In hand 1 I'm capping the river against

[/ QUOTE ]

What does capping mean. It means raise to maximum right?
Old 12-11-2005, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*grunch*
Hand 1: Raise the turn. Flushes will tag along and pay it.
Hand 2: Yes this fold is correct. There is a K and 2x[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the board. 5 Players are in so it is possible you are drawing to your 2 outs (you got to reduce your outs because you can hit and still lose). There is no way you got the odds to call there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I totally agree with you.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

In hand 1 I'm capping the river against

[/ QUOTE ]

What does capping mean. It means raise to maximum right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, almost always 4 bets online.

Hand 1- Don't worry about raising the flop--yes, you might forgo some outs, but the pot is small so it's not that bad.

Definately raise the turn. Any straight draw and anyone with a good diamond will still come along, so you'll still make $ from them.

Cap the river. If he's that clueless the chances he has a full house are far fewer than the times he's just being dumb. You miss a lot of value by not capping here.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:36 PM

Hand 2- we're very likely the best hand here. Since you were the aggressor PF (and can't get a reliable c/r from late position), you need to bet out. This pot is way too big to fold to A9/Q9.

If you check, you can peel. You have a bad backdoor flush and a bad backdoor straight. Combined, you can squeeze 1 out of of that. Combine that with your 2 J outs, and the large chance that you're still ahead, you should definately see the turn.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:39 AM

*grunch*

Hand 1: 2 options, bet out on the turn and risk blowing away
MP1 and button, or call. I think you did the correct thing.

Played well except the river. On the river, I would have capped it. Do you really believe SB has 88, 8Q, 8J or 8T?

Hand 2: I would have prob checked the flop, but called the bet. It's a large pot and you have the odds to call. (14:1)
That was a really bad fold.

Crovax

Edit: Wow was I passive. I can't believe I didn't call him out for checking JJ on the flop. As for your outs to see the turn, your very wrong. You need 10.88:1 to see the turn. Your thinking of seeing it down to the river.

Wow, this is the worst example of my passiveness in a while.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:51 PM

*grunch*
Hand 1:
I play PF the same.
I play flop the same - I don't want to scare out the other two on this coordinated board.
Turn: Whoot! I think I raise here if either opponent has shown any desire to hang in on hands after they are done.
River: Ack! I do the same, but I'm confused. What 8-containing hand has he got on the flop that he's leading with? I call the 3-bet and hope he has a smaller flush.

Hand 2:
I play the same, and weep piteously on the turn. :P
Old 12-12-2005, 04:56 PM

Grunch

Hand 1
You flopped draws to the nut straight and nut flush, you should be raising this up every chance you get. The only place I slow down maybe is on the river when the board pairs because I feel stupid capping without the nuts and losing to the nuts.

Hand 2
You probably need to check-raise this flop if you aren't going to continuation bet it. As it is you got away cheap, but if you constantly raise pre-flop and fold to a bet on any flop that misses you, you will be in trouble.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:19 PM

Hand 1: good up to the turn, raise the turn. Lots of hands will stick with you to the river. Cap the turn if you can and the river against Mr. Clueless. He might have a straight, a worse flush, trip 8s, anything. This is a situation where if you lose less than the max, you're not playing hard enough.

Hand 2: saints preserve us from the weak-tightness. If you raise preflop and check the flop of course some donk behind you is going to bet. Don't decide you're behind in the hand until somebody tells you you're behind, and a late position open-bet when you raised the BB preflop is NOT telling you you're behind.