Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 10:43 PM

Default 3 quickie mostly preflop questions

Full ring at Poker Plex, tables as always are super tight. Maybe 30% to flop. Half the hands see no flop or are 2 players to flop and one folds to a bet.

Hand 1.
9 handed - Hero dealt QJo on button. Folded to MP1 who limps. folded to Hero. Does Hero raise?

Hand 2.
10 handed - Hero dealt T8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on button. Folded to Hero.
Hero raises. BB calls. Flop AQ6 two spades. BB checks. Does Hero continuation bet?

Hand 3.
10 hands - Hero is BB with KTo. Folded to Button who raises.
Sb folds, Does Hero 3-bet this?
Old 12-07-2005, 10:51 PM

Default Re: 3 quickie mostly preflop questions

I'd probably raise 1 given your table read. At loose tables I would fold, maybe limp. Hand 2 I would raise. Hand 3 I would call.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:54 PM

hand 1: yeah raise.

hand 2: yes bet. fold to raise.

hand 3: depends on button's postflop tendencies whether this is a 3-bet or just a call. but defend as long as he's stealing a bit.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:00 PM

I agree with miles, but a good majority of the time the third one is just a call for me. In general, I 3-bet blind steals much more often when the steal comes from SB since I have position.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:00 PM

Hand 1: I raise.
Hand 2: I bet.
Hand 3: I would three-bet with a showdown-able hand, but I think you can call with KTo and CR a good flop. Also depends on button's steal range. Even if button is opening with top 25% or so, you're still at a disadvantage equity-wise, and you're OOP.

I'm finding more and more that stats/general reads help a lot in these situations, particularly when the games are more aggro and these situations come up frequently.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

hand 3: depends on button's postflop tendencies whether this is a 3-bet or just a call. but defend as long as he's stealing a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats part of my problem on these very tight sites. I have no idea what most of these players postflop tendecies becuase there isnt a whole lot of postflop play.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats part of my problem on these very tight sites. I have no idea what most of these players postflop tendecies becuase there isnt a whole lot of postflop play.

[/ QUOTE ]
i say change sites asap. if you're bonus whoring there, eh, there should be crap to do elsewhere. these tables sound so boring - i would shoot myself.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:33 AM

Hand 1.
9 handed - Hero dealt QJo on button. Folded to MP1 who limps. folded to Hero. Does Hero raise?

I called. I am having trouble making myself raise weak broadway offsuits like this unless its a steal. With a limper in I am always scared of being dominated.

Hand 2.
10 handed - Hero dealt T8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on button. Folded to Hero.
Hero raises. BB calls. Flop AQ6 two spades. BB checks. Does Hero continuation bet?

I bet BB called. Turn is 3rd spade. BB bets. I fold. I think on this hand the continuation bet is weak with the board as it is.

Hand 3.

I called. See hand 1 for reason. Flop is AK6. I bet, he calls, Turn is A, I bet, he calls. River is 4. I check thinking I dont want to be raised here but dont mind paying one, He bets. I call. He shows KJ. I lose - fear of domination confirmed [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2005, 03:39 AM

*grunch*

And for my 100th post...

hand 1 - RAISE! I'm thinking a low pocket pair or mabye even a hand like yours. Mabye Q10o or something. Make it heads up and play the flop

hand 2 - If your description of the table is accurate, I would prob continuation bet every time. I'm not exactly sure why you tried to steal with that (I'm not good on stealing period, I like at least 1 face b4 I try to steal)

Hand 3 - This is the tough one of the three, but I'd suggest re-raise. Since the raise came from the button, it looks like it could be a steal. This is just simply blind-defense. If he caps, your in trouble, if he calls, I might simply continuation bet the flop if it looks 1/2 decent with a table as tight as you claim.

Crovax
Old 12-08-2005, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2.
10 handed - Hero dealt T8 on button. Folded to Hero.

I bet BB called. Turn is 3rd spade. BB bets. I fold. I think on this hand the continuation bet is weak with the board as it is.

[/ QUOTE ]
it's perfect with this board... it's great because players will often just autofold whatever they have when there's an ace on board. obviously sometimes they'll hit the board and not fold, but if you never bet an AQx flop that you missed after stealing, you would be making a big mistake.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3.

I called. See hand 1 for reason. Flop is AK6. I bet . . .

[/ QUOTE ]
i do not like your bet. you are just asking to be outplayed by making this bet here. he can fold his crappy pairs, wait to raise you with an ace, or call you down perfectly as he did with a king. let him keep the lead.