Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2005, 09:42 PM

Default PROPOSAL (this affects you guys, please read): mid- and high- forums

There is a discussion going on in mid-high right now that is very relevant to you guys. It grew out of TStone's open letter to the forum.

The proposal is to rejigger the current split of the limit holdem forums. This directly affects small stakes. Today, the mid-high forum has become mainly a discussion of 30/60 and up. 15/30 and 20/40 hands often get no responses and sometimes get a hostile reaction from the regular posters. The result is that many people, including me, have started posting any hands they have at these limits in small stakes rather than mid-stakes if they post them at all. A few years ago, the situation was very different as 15/30 and 20/40 were almost exclusively posted in mid-high.2

Many have stated that having the small stakes forum try to encompass all limits from 2/4 to 20/40 isn't sensible. Also, many have stated that they have stopped posting 15/30 and 20/40 hands on twoplustwo entirely because these limits no longer have a home.

Thus, the proposal is that rather than having small and mid-high, we would have small, mid and high. The new mid-stakes forum would be for roughly 10/20 through 20/40 limits. The new high forum would be for roughly 30/60 and up, making it very similar to today's midhigh forum. In my opinion, this change will actually have a larger affect on small stakes than on midhigh.

I think that this change would be good for twoplustwo and I think that with this split all three of the forums (I'm ignoring micro-limit in this post since I think they will be relatively unaffected) will get enough to have good discussions and foster a community, but no so much that posts immediately disappear off the front page as can happen on overloaded forums, which is the ideal. I would be very excited to get some lively discussions of 15/30 hands going again and I think the small stakes forum will be stronger with a clearer focus on a manageable set of limits.

Since this change directly affects all of you, I am curious what you guys think.