Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 07:11 AM

Default PokerTracker Help

Over the last few days I have had a pretty bad downswing -125 BB's. This may be within normal variance but seeing 600 bucks leave your roll hurts none the less. I want to analyse my play in PT to see whether this is me playing poorly or whether im just getting sucked out. Whats my best plan of attack? Are there any guides for this? I have excessions guide and bought the PT guide as well. I find myself getting passive and i want to nip this in the bud. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:26 AM

Default Re: PokerTracker Help

Your loss is not anything particularly unusual.

There is a good thread on here with a fantastic collaboration of several small limit PT collections. Compare the usual stats. VPIP, PFR, Aggro, %flop...

Take a day out and reread the standard texts.

Pick out some recent hands you have played that you are not sure about and create a post on here.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:44 AM

One (of many) things you could do is to look at the hands that have lost you most money. Say that you discover that ATo is a big loser for you. Go through all ATo hands you have played, and see if there is something you could do better.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:28 AM

After lloking at Excessions guide again I see it has alot of valuable tips to isolate problem hands. Anyone have the link to that thread for the normal numbers?
Old 08-31-2005, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have excessions guide and bought the PT guide as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only have the PT guide. Where can I find the other one?
Old 08-31-2005, 09:35 AM

What I will often do is just replay an entire session hand by hand. You can go to the 'Session Notes' tab, and sort them chronologically. (Click the 'Game #' column so the lowest number is first.) To replay, click the little green 'r' button. If a particular hand is one you know you didn't play like 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG, just skip it and go to the next. There's a '>' button on the top left of the replay screen, next to the number of the game. Click that and go to the next one.

Run through your entire session, paying particular attention to hands you think might have been played badly. It often helps me pick out a trend where maybe I got sucked out on and suddenly turned passive.

Good luck!
Old 08-31-2005, 12:51 PM

HOLY CRAP!!! I don't know if this is right or not. So I need your input. I created a filter following excessions criteria for my core hands. with no filter I am up 720 bucks. When I filter to show how I would have done if I only played my core hands including blinds it says I should be up 4850. Is this right? Have I lost over 4 grand because I play bad cards?
Old 08-31-2005, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HOLY CRAP!!! I don't know if this is right or not. So I need your input. I created a filter following excessions criteria for my core hands. with no filter I am up 720 bucks. When I filter to show how I would have done if I only played my core hands including blinds it says I should be up 4850. Is this right? Have I lost over 4 grand because I play bad cards?

[/ QUOTE ]
I really have no idea. I've never heard of 'excessions critera'. You'll lose some because of the blinds. A lot of the rest is positional. Other than that, I can't say. Sorry.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your VPIP?
Old 08-31-2005, 01:02 PM

For 6max

VPIP = 24
PFR = 10
W$SD = 58