Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: What exactly does \"doing it in sets mean\"?

I just got my new set up in, and I've been 8-tabling for like 100 sngs or so, it seems most the time I can run them cont. most of the time but some sets just seem to crazy to be able to run cont. with so much action all over the place.

I think there's a good point mentioned by curtains, where running in sets might make life easier and make sngs a little more enjoyable.

Maybe Its good to open up a new sng if you bust out early, but I guess I could deal with squeezing in 2 less sngs per hour till I get used to it more.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Attention 8+ tablers

[ QUOTE ]
I play in sets. Some don't and can handle just starting new ones, but emotioanlly I find it so much easier to get a break every 8 tourneys. Also I like being at the same stage in many tourneys at once, and also that near the bubble I'm playing less tourneys because usually I'll have been eliminated.

[/ QUOTE ]

My feelings exactly.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:20 PM

Default Re: What exactly does \"doing it in sets mean\"?

Durron,

Both are considered sets. The non-set method would be having 8 running at all times, instantly starting up a new 1 as soon as you complete 1.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:43 PM

I have the same problem. I would prefer to do 8 continously but until the software refreshes the signup lists faster I found I just can't do it.

Constantly clicking on a table that has open seats in the lobby only to find that the tournament has been running for 5 minutes is just too annoying and distracting when on the bubble in multiple tournaments.

So I just do a quasi-continuous mode where if there are multiple tables on the bubble I wait for those to complete before firing up some more. Makes it easier plus adds some games per hour without the hassle.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:03 PM

I had trouble playing 8 continuously at first. Now I can't stand to have less than 6 on at once, it just gets too boring. After you play 8 at once for a while you'll get used to it and be able to open up new ones continuously. Once your ability to concentrate compensates for all the extra data, playing in sets will become a waste of money. It's something to work toward. By the way, I play 8 on one monitor without any trouble, and my roomate plays 10-12 on one monitor without too much trouble, and we both have overlap with 4.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:31 PM

It's always hard for me to believe people really want to torture themselves like this when you can get a new 19-inch CRT for a hundred bucks.

Even if you don't like CRT's nearly as much as LCD's, it makes playing so, so, so much more pleasant and easy to not have more than 4 tables per monitor.