Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2005, 08:54 PM

Default How many BB you feel comfortable taking off a drunk at 10/20?

So new experience for me..not sure if this is standard or not.

Last night I was playing 2-3 tables of 10/20 6MAX.

I found this one amazing table. One weak tightie, one semi-LAG, and three total LAGS. Two of the LAGs are taking turns berating each other and it eventually becomes clear that one of them (if not more) appears to be drunk.

Very drunk! He would regularly raise, 3-bet and cap with absoultely anything. 94o, T3o, no problem. All the way to the river. Every time. I took down five 20-26 BB pots against this guy with A high, bottom pair, an underpair and a couple legit hands. I was playing 35/23/2 poker and had a pretty dominant table image. I bought in at $500 and cashed out at $3028. Up 126 BB. 67 BB against the drunk alone.

The other uber-LAG had been seated at the table longer than me and eventually began telling the drunk guy to call 1-800-GAMBLER and to leave the table and stop playing even though he was also profiting from the guys play. He was saying the guy was down 2500 when I only had him down 1200 in my PT/PV. I tried asking the guy casually if he was rich/did the money mean anything to him, etc? At one point I echoed the LAGs sentiment and told him in chat that I also thought he should stop if the amounts of money meant something to him.

I never got a response to my questions and I left the table because I didn't feel comfortable taking his money any longer.

FWIW, I'm a Christian and I feel a sense of concern for my fellow man's wellbeing. I know someone else will just sit and take his money but at this point it was starting to feel similar to taking dollar bills out of a guy's wallet who passed out on the street.

Anyone ese ever experience this kind of thing? How would you deal with this scenario?