Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Re: Flopped top set...help

[ QUOTE ]
Berge, or anyone else who would like to answer.

What if Hero never folded a top set and would call anything even a push for his entire buy-in.... just one buy-in, though. ? Not talking about dropping 50 in a $25 buy-in. Positive EV ? I would think so at small stakes NL .

[/ QUOTE ]

Huge EV because you would rarely be against a made hand (flush/straight) and would always have outs unless you were behind to a straight flush. You're absolutely crushing a single pair (they need a kicker higher than your pair and have to hit runner runner of that kicker to win - 98:2 I believe), you're crushing any two pair and any set.

Edit - if you're talking about on turn/river it's still great EV.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Flopped top set...help

Red,

I don't really think folding is an option here. You didn't mention that the turn brought 3 of a suit so i'm assuming that a flush is out of the question here. Right now the bigger question would be call vs. push. If you are correct and he does have 9-7 then you do have 10 outs, which would warrent a turn call. I think you call right here with full intentions of calling his all in on the river if he pushes. If he has 9-7 so be it, put him on your buddy list.