Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2005, 12:28 AM

Default Re: Might I suggest

This may be terrible advice; I don't think it but it could be.

I suggested something that worked for me which I thought might work for the OP.

Losing control and bleeding off hard earned money is one problem I've never had; this makes it tough for me to dispense worthy advice for combating this problem.

In other words, I should have probably abstained from this discussion.

My apologies if any harm came of it. (Really)

However . . .

Re. your contention that this type of mentality will never allow for [me or anyone else] to take his game to the next level . . .

I have taken mine about as far as far as I ever will. I haven't the drive (and may very well lack the skills) to soar among the giants. I made a nice haul in '05 and look forward to an equal (or slightly improved, keyword: slightly) '06, but I have long made my peace with the fact that I will never be seen on ESPN or the Travel Channel.

Not all of us are seeking immortality; some of us like/love (live for?) this game and need occasional help with some of the more mundane problems we encounter.

It is this fact that led me to make such a simplistic, and perhaps damaging (though I doubt any damage was done) suggestion to the OP.

If he'd said his biggest problem with his game was a bad back I'd have suggested he buy a new chair; if he'd said eye strain was his biggest stumbling block I'd have suggested glasses and/or a bigger monitor.

His post suggested he had a fairly good grasp on how to play the game but that he had problems with a tendency toward hating his money. I accept that this was not my finest moment on 2+2, but I am curious - what would YOU suggest this person do ?

I tried to help him slay his demon; your contribution was - hmm, sorry, remind me again - what was YOUR contribution ?

I'll stipulate that my suggestion was [far] less than great; care to pick up the ball where I fumbled it?

I'll also extend the same invitation to jmillerdls.

- Oh, btw . . . she is; she REALLY is [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (see his response).

Though she obviously lacks anything resembling good judgement. (The wedding is in 4 months).

Nonetheless, neither boasting of her charms nor of my good fortune to be their recipient was not the intention of my reply.