Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2005, 11:48 AM

Default Need Help w/my multi table game

Hi All!

I need some help with my multi-table game.

I have no problem w/SNGs. Generally, I finish in the money 4 out of 5 times and will win 2 of those four. I play these tight aggressive and then as the table loses players, I get more aggressive. It has worked very well for me for the last year or so. However, when I play multi-table tourneys, my game doesn’t really seem to work.

Basically, my main problem is I end up playing too tight. Because I am playing the "Harrington" opening hands, and also keeping the Gap Concept in mind, I never really get the opportunity to become really aggressive. I end up being short stacked by the fourth or fifth level. So ultimately, I finish in the top third, and if I get really lucky I squeak into the money, but I would prefer to give myself a legitimate chance to finish higher.

How much more do I need to loosen my requirements in order to give myself a real chance? Is it simply a matter of playing mediocre hands as long as I have position?

Any advice would be appreciated!