Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Re: I can\'t win.

[ QUOTE ]
Akimka,

It looks like your BB/100 is much higher at 5/10. I'd suggest playing there instead of playing breakeven 2/4.

Regards,
Redd

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a joke response? OP has less than 1k hands at 5/10...

To OP: Probably focus post-flop on who you should be unleashing your aggression onto. These stats scream to me that you're betting into people that you shouldn't be. And to add to already mentioned posts, call down slightly more (once again this is a read dependent ability usually).

So in short, improve your player reads so you can save or apply bets more correctly. Although I might be saying this to you in a poor fashion... it is kind of hard to tell a person to improve their post-flop play if you've never seen them play or seen hand posts.

... and of course, you could just be DERG, the [!@#$%] eater of the variance lottery.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:11 PM

I agree with what everyone is saying. The only other thing to add which hasn't been said is your folding HU way too much preflop in the BB. 76% of hands? Also, agree to play 6max and hang out in the SHUSH forums.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree Harv. Repeat after me..."it's OK to call"..."it's ok to call"...I don't need to raise or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's ok to call. It's ok to call...

Well. It works... I think I take Sklansky & Co guidelines to "raise or fold" too far...

I want to make one reply to all coments. I want to thank you all. Especially Harv!

My feelings is really bad. About tilt - I don't tilt anymore for more than 3 month. Whoring and my party affilate program giving me steady profit for about 2K/month so I don't care about this money much. Continous losing is that what make me real sad. It just throw a simple fact in my face - "You loser. You can't even beat 2/4".

I will post pos stats here:

But I think I must ask some of real questions:

1. You on SB. BB is barely unknown, TAG Button raise first in. What hands you call, what hands you raise?

2. You with A6s in CO. Loose/passive limper limps. Would you raise or fold or call?

And much more important part - can anyone who beat 2/4 with good result spare me his database? Or have look in mine?

Anyone of serious guys in forum who dont' play 2/4 anymore - it will not hurt you but it will help me, one poor bastard from Russia to not feel so miserable [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
From your wisdom I can learn poker....

Thank you all. Even guy who found PgreSQL graphic tool and god bless you.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. You on SB. BB is barely unknown, TAG Button raise first in. What hands you call, what hands you raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Call - Very rarely, and usually only with really big hands such as high pocket pairs. The idea being that I can often get extra bets out of a TAG postflop by underplaying my hand preflop. Other than that, I don't often just call a Button openraise from the SB--I re-raise with any hand I'm going to play here. Which brings me to...

3-bet: Anything I plan to play in this situation. Examples include most pocket pairs (I might fold 22 or 33 if I have hands going on at my other tables and/or I just don't feel like playing a relatively difficult hand), most aces, most good kings, and occassionally much weaker hands to include suited connectors. Every so often with total crap, banking on my opponent folding to a flop bet.

What you have to realize is that a TAG opponent, particularly when you get up to 3/6 and above, is going to be openraising on the button with a very wide range of hands, many of which he wouldn't even have played if another player had limped in ahead of him. As long as you don't overdo it, you can resteal (3-bet in the hopes that he doesn't have a strong hand and will fold whenever he misses the flop) with a pretty wide array of hands as well.

[ QUOTE ]
2. You with A6s in CO. Loose/passive limper limps. Would you raise or fold or call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually raise. Sometimes fold if I feel I'm unlikely to isolate on the limper by raising. With a few exceptions (such as raising with JTs behind 4 limpers), when you raise behind a limper you are doing so because you feel you have a better hand than he does. When the limper is particularly loose, any hand that you would normally consider playable is probably better than his hand. Or, in other words, if I'm in LP and a very loose player limps ahead of me, I will use the same raise/call/fold criteria that I would if it was folded to me, because that player limping in effect only tells me that he has two cards.

[ QUOTE ]
And much more important part - can anyone who beat 2/4 with good result spare me his database? Or have look in mine?

[/ QUOTE ]

I lost much of my 2/4 & below database in a windows crash last spring, so I can't help you out there. The stats post which is floating around in this forum (there's a link to it in the stickied thread at the top) should help you get a feel for what numbers are typical of a winning player at that limit, and I know that some people sell or trade their databases if you want more info than that. I'm sure you've already gotten one or two PMs with offers anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2005, 07:57 PM

After reading Harrington on hold'em Volume II I am calling with almost everything when the SB gives me 3:1 odds to see a flop and I have position. If you are not that comfortable post flop maybe you should fold more but you are getting great odds and you have position so you should def. call more.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After reading Harrington on hold'em Volume II I am calling with almost everything when the SB gives me 3:1 odds to see a flop and I have position. If you are not that comfortable post flop maybe you should fold more but you are getting great odds and you have position so you should def. call more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be careful with that. Remember that HoH is written with the NL game (NL tournament game to be specific) in mind, where your implied odds are much greater, and you can more effectively bluff postflop. In a limit game, you shouldn't be overdoing things from the SB.