Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 09:21 AM

Default The top sites and the sad state of affairs

It has recently occurred to me the pityfull status of the top sites.

Party/skins can't seem to get a grip on the disconnect thing. A bazillion dollar company. Very poor effort on their part.

Stars doesn't do the "R" word and bimonthly reloads, well, it could be better.

Half of the Crypto's have made their monlthly bonus unattainable for $1/$2'ers. Up until their last raked hand definition, the 1/2 tables were rock gardens. I can imagine the same happening to the 2/4 tables.

The Prima's can't seem to get their lobby to update or get their waiting list to operate correctly. Jeez, is this rocket science? I rely on the lobby for help with table selection.

UB, a good sight but unfornutely I sighned up prior to "R" and will not use a gnome acct.

Paradise, no "R" and infrequent reloads.

Some of the smaller sights offer graphics where you are sitting in a bathtub or can play 3 tables stacked on top of each other. Thats not efficient use of 2 1600x1200 LCD's. Other small sites are tighter than gramdma's sphinxer.

Any thoughts?
Old 07-24-2005, 09:57 AM

Default Re: The top sites and the sad state of affairs

Internet poker is in a gold rush phase. We are miners, not provisioners. The provisioners are the ones that typically get richest with low risk. Miners, honest ones, usually grind out the bare minimum or get screwed entirely.

Everything in poker you hold dear will be upside down or gone inside 4 years. Get what you can today. Gnome accounts fall well within my ethical framework. I'm not screwing any other miner and that's all I really care about.

The bigger problem is those things that fall outside my ethical boundary but are commonly used by much less ethical miners. Bots will kill off a lot of poker growth. Collusion is a smaller danger. Keyloggers and phishers are a constant peril.

It's a dirty business. Don't try to stay lilly white.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:06 AM

the party situation is obviously just temporary.

only 2-3 of the cryptos switched to the bad $1 rake system. the other 6-7 are still easy to grind dealt/hourly at $1/2 HE and stud and still profitable IMO. does it really matter when you're getting 5BB/100 extra as it is?

and "R" doesn't matter at $1/2 anyway. if you don't have at least 2-3 places to get poker bonuses/reloads when you wake up every morning, you're not looking hard enough.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:26 AM

I take today over 5 years ago.

KO
Old 07-24-2005, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thats not efficient use of 2 1600x1200 LCD's. Other small sites are tighter than gramdma's sphinxer.

Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought your grandma's sphincter was just fine. Get off her @ss.

~
Old 07-24-2005, 01:20 PM

"I take today over 5 years ago."

You'll take today over 3 years from now as well. THis is the top.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:25 PM

Damn, is the sky falling again?

I hate when that happens.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I take today over 5 years ago."

You'll take today over 3 years from now as well. THis is the top.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok chicken little. Any analyst projection says there is still massive growth ahead for online poker. These guys study this stuff for a living, so I will take there word over yours.

These "sky is falling" claims have been out there everyday since this site has opened.

Further:

- Like already said: Party's software issues are temporary.

- Life doesn't revolve around the $1/2 crowd, hell $0.20/hand (if not more) in bonus for those who do it right.

- There are more bonuses out there than I have time to clear.

Take some time and figure things out, you will do better than fearing things are crumbling. I see more and more people everyday on these sites.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party/skins can't seem to get a grip on the disconnect thing. A bazillion dollar company. Very poor effort on their part.

[/ QUOTE ]

This generally means that there's a strong market opening for a competitor with a signifigantly better product. A little bit better never cuts it. Party doesn't give a sh** about the user experience because they're making too much money.

Eventually one of these upstarts is going to have enough smart people in the trenches to get the job done despite the push-back from management, and then we'll be happier. Never happy, because it's not in the nature of management to care about the quality of the product.