Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 02:17 AM

Default AA--too aggro on river?

I don't have much of a read on villain, but he hasn't done anything unreasonable since he sat down (about an orbit ago). Was I too agressive here? I think this is ok, but I haven't played all that much in the last couple months and feel pretty rusty.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18.75 BB
Old 10-14-2005, 02:28 AM

Default Re: AA--too aggro on river?

Can't see him betting two diamonds this way when you have the ace (KQ, KJ?). Can't see him having a boat unless its 9s full. Interesting that he didn't cap pre flop, so looks like he doesn't have JJ-AA. Perhaps he has some pair with a flush draw, and perhaps he has 99. Cal me crazy, but I think you're ahead enough to fill the river.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:31 AM

nh.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:43 AM

Can't see anything wrong with this personally....

I think its unlikely he'd raise UTG+1 with 22 or 33 so 99 seems the only boat danger in this hand.

I think chances are he's got AK with the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or maybe even AQ/KQ/or QQ with a diamond.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:54 AM

I like the river 3-bet. But I hate when he caps it. I wonder if anyone has the discipline (or stupidity?) to 3-bet a river and fold to a cap. For some crazy reason it seems right here, since the times someone caps this river with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or less are so minimal.

Any line that involves folding in this hand is pretty lame, though, so I'm not advocating 3-betting the river and folding to the cap. But I can see how some perfect poker robot could tell me that's the most +EV thing to do and me not being able to argue against said robot. I guess he has 99. Cry tears, call the river cap, and shrug.

It's just that he has 99 so rarely here that you miss a lot of bets by not 3-betting a river that will so often get called by a worse hand.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:07 PM

99 and 88 both seem consistent with his play. But it's hard not to 3-bet the river. And no way I can fold to cap, all players make crazy moves sometimes. If you lose to a boat or quads, well, it's unfortunate. NH
Old 10-14-2005, 03:15 PM

Hmm, I like the 3-bet. I can think of more UTG+1 raising hands that would play like this that we beat than what has us beat. The cap sucks, but we gotta call. Did you get sucked out on by 99 or did he have KKd?
Old 10-15-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, I like the 3-bet. I can think of more UTG+1 raising hands that would play like this that we beat than what has us beat. The cap sucks, but we gotta call. Did you get sucked out on by 99 or did he have KKd?

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither, he did have the dreaded 88. Oh well.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither, he did have the dreaded 88. Oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess both you and the Villian played it well.