Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2005, 09:53 PM

Default Re: Anyone else think empire should make a move

I think Empire should make a move also. Their site has been based on a high rake fish filled enviroment and they seem to be sucessful in it. Trying to switch to a low rake, low expenses enviroment with game filled full of tight players like UB, FT, and PS seems kind of desperate. After all instead of competing with Party for fish they will compete with the likes of PS that currently has low end rake, great software, and good CS. The one thing PS lacks is lots of fish, that is why I play on bad, buggy interfaces with Aboo the CS guy from India who responds with form letters. I also get a bonus to play on Party and that keeps me coming back again and again. What I am suggesting is that to competely change strategies to compete with great sites and great software is likely poor. By changing the Noble poker network into a heavily advertised network with bonuses and promotions you can draw in the fish and compete with a site that has bad CS, and buggy software which will make you look good in comparison even with significant flaws. Not to mention your current clients like that enviroment and you can even up the rake later after establishing the network. This rake increase will cover the significant advertising costs, promotional cost, and software development costs that get incurred during the early period where you are fighting it out for players with Party. To try to fight an established site like PS with the battle cry of low rake would be uphill and to win would have have to heavily promote the network which would kill their profit with the halved rake.