Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 06:06 PM

Default A9s in the Blind and OTB

November has been a bad month. Suckouts and bad beats aren't all of the problem either. Axs is one of them.

Hand 1) After the flop players are TPP, LAP, TPP, LPP and LAA respectively.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.
<font color="blue">(Should I give The Rock credit for a bigger Ace here and play the WA/WB line? Raise and fold to a 3-bet?)</font>

River: (7.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

~~~~~

Hand 2) The two other players are solid LAG's.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls. <font color="blue">(Obvious spew looking back. My thoughts were to represent a possible set by getting aggressive but the cap was a suprise. With all the bets in the middle folding to the cap can't be right. I then went into a C/C mode thinking LAG villain could be on an AK KQ KJ. I was concerned about the runner runner [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] but read some posts about HU play on the turn and river in SS about not always giving credit for the flush.)</font>

Turn: (7.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB

~~~~~
Old 12-02-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Re: A9s in the Blind and OTB

Raise preflop hand 1.

Fold the flop hand 2. Don't ever think to "represent" things at these levels. Very few players are paying attention, and you profit more when they don't.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:05 PM

Default Re: A9s in the Blind and OTB

Hand 1: You have position after the flop. Raise it up here to get rid of SB and BB. I don't want to play A9s with 5 people since the only hand I would feel secure playing is a flush draw. Gotta raise it here.

Hand 2: I fold this on the flop. CO raise preflop and raise a bet on the flop? He got something he likes and I'm not going to invest anything more in this pot. I fold.