Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 12:06 PM

Default An intelligence test

Hey,

I just thought of a simple way we can test our intelligence level and thought I'd pass it on. Maybe I can think of some type of prize for winners.

HEY - I have the prize - those who pass this test will be allowed to play poker on Party - how's that. Of course I have no control over who can play on Party or not - I was just bein silly, but here's the test anyway...

Score at end.

1)Whenever you feel the desire to make a post, write an email, or talk to a player, do you think of PartyPokers reaction if they were to see or hear it?

2)If you have a banner ad, or content on a website, do you think of PartyPokers reaction if they saw it?

3) If you are a player, do you check the archives or pm anyone before you posty a question?

SCORE:
If you are an affiliate and answered no to any question, you are only allowed to affiliate bingo sites from now on

If you are a player and answered no to any question, you must only play the 2/4 cent micros for a month.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:21 PM

Default Re: An intelligence test

[ QUOTE ]

If you are a player and answered no to any question, you must only play the 2/4 cent micros for a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

What, you want us to play over our bankrolls?

Do you auto flunk if you spell our with an are and have to edit?
Old 10-15-2005, 12:24 PM

Al,

Do you have any idea when this matter is going to be resolved? My affiliate has been getting the run-around all week and is very frustrated and confused by Party.

If Party would explicitly tell their affiliates what they can and cannot do, I think we'd have a lot less problems.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:46 PM

Jeff and anyone else that is still confused,

May I humbly suggest that you use this time to clear the monthly crypto bonuses, some of the neverending absolute bonus, or stacked stars bonus... rather than post your confusion here!

By the time you are done, you will likely no longer be confused!
Old 10-15-2005, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Al,

Do you have any idea when this matter is going to be resolved? My affiliate has been getting the run-around all week and is very frustrated and confused by Party.

If Party would explicitly tell their affiliates what they can and cannot do, I think we'd have a lot less problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party has done this. NO RAKEBACK.

The only cause of confusion is the amount of rumours/questions on this board.

Don't ask/Don't tell
Old 10-15-2005, 01:27 PM

Al - with all due respect, Party brought this on themselves by engaging in long-term affiliate payouts and at the same time discouraging but not banning rebates. This fosters an atmosphere of hidden deals, lack of transparency, and an irate customer base.

This all works fine, but not in the information age. We can't operate under the assumption that by being hush-hush here, 95% of average joe poker players have no clue what's going on. They're only a google search away from figuring out what's hapenning, and any idiot including Party management can anonymously solicit rebate offers, probably ten in the next 24 hours if they tried.

Why do we as players pay Party rake? To run fair games with a level playing field. Obviously the latter doesn't exist with hidden rebates. And if this alienates the 10% of highly active players (many of which were content in the more "open" rebate market that existed on the skins) who generate a majority of Party's revenue, the analysts will know soon enough and Dikshit's & CPC's paper fortune will evaporate into thin air.

Granted, what we had on the old-Party network with the skins was not utopia, but it was a relatively open market for rebates. High-volume players were happy, they were driving game liquidity, and generating rake.

Anyhow, it's on Party to figure out how to fix this problem. No player should bow down to them, accept inferior offers, or be told to shut up in the interest of preserving what is a flawed and unstable system.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:38 PM

Thank you for this great post. You are skilled in the art of Jackassery.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:40 PM

Let's try this one.

1) If you want to make a post, do you bear in mind that some people might not care and do the opposite to spite you?

2) If you want to make another post, do you bear in mind that saying the same thing 20 or so times has a lesser impact than saying it once or twice.

3) If you want to make even more posts, do you bear in mind that at some point you may be asked your own motives?

If you are a shareholder, or an important figure in internet poker and you answered "no" to any of these questions, you should probably only invest in Empire shares as a punishment.

Lori
Old 10-15-2005, 01:52 PM

I think it is safe to say, there is now more than one Zoo at 2+2. Welcome to the Zoo2. Maybe we could just call it the zooz.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:16 PM

POker al, your post makes perfect sense and its amazing that some of these players are so damn thick that they just dont get the message. People can't find a new place to play for a little while until the dust settles.

I can't imagine some of these posters making money playing poker when they don't understand your message.

I was a big proponent of a rakeback section, but unfortunately, many of the posters here can't handle it appropriately.