Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 08:56 AM

Default Re: Flip-flops: are we done with them yet?

[ QUOTE ]
Your flip-flops rule!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why thank you! I think they rule too! lol!

And I agree with the Tiva hating crowd, they are Satan's shoes. Ugliest footwear next to Ugs.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:32 AM

You don't find them more comfortable than shoes?

I'm not sure how someone living in Florida is not a "point" in favor of wearing flip flops, for them.

Of the three points above, only one seems to make sense ,and that is that a bottle cap opener isn't super useful in a shoe. This doesn't seem to be a stunning point to prevail on no matter how much or little you like flip flops though, so I'm not sure why anyone bothered.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:37 AM

No, I do not find them more comfortable than shoes, and no, the weather is not 90 degrees 364 days a year in Florida.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:42 AM

Yeti,

I agree with you. I've never found them at all comfortable. I really don't care what anyone else wears, but I don't like them myself. As for the argument about heat, my ass sweats when it's 90 degrees out, but that doesn't mean I walk around wearing nothing but a g-string. Why? Because I'd look and feel like an idiot. It's the same with flip flops. I figure everyone has a right to look like a tool if they want to, but why not just get some regular sandals?
Old 12-23-2005, 10:02 AM

Obviously whether you find them comfortable or not means nothing to anybody but you. Personally I think you're nuts regarding that, but who cares?

However, clearly quite considerable millions of people do find them more comfortable. The idea that they should listen to anybody else's opinions on it is ridiculous. Tend to your own feet, ya pervert, and stop worrying about anyone else's!

If ever I thought OOT prequalified posters as people with too much time on their hands ...
Old 12-23-2005, 10:10 AM

Flip flops are farking hot on chicks.

End of story.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:30 AM

Blarg, I find it pretty ironic that you are defending flip-flops to the death whilst simultaneously taking pot-shots at those who have expressed their dislike for them as 'people with too much time on their hands'.

Ok, the end.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but why not just get some regular sandals?

[/ QUOTE ]
out of everything i have worn i have found that flip flops are tighter on my feet and tend to be light and less bulky than any other sandal.

i remember in high school when doc martin sandals were popular, they felt like blocks of cement on my feet, i hated them...its not like i am going to run a race or anything but it goes with comfortability.

as for the people that don't like the way flip-flops feel i can understand this b/c at first i thought they felt funny on my feet too...but the material of the pad soaked up water the best for when i was getting in and out of my boat at the lake house and after one weekend they actually felt great on my feet. i guess you have to get used to them, kind of like coffee or wine i guess.

and FWIW i could give a rat's ass what i look like, in 100+ degree weather i would walk around in a g-string if it were accepted and i wouldn't lose all my friends and family b/c they thought i was now a wannabe transvestite.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, I do not find them more comfortable than shoes, and no, the weather is not 90 degrees 364 days a year in Florida.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I will continue to wear my flip-flops every day of the [censored] year and take pride in pissing you off with every step I take. Eat my ass.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eat my ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will you take the flip flops off during?