Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 08:50 AM

Default Re: Interview w/ The Mouth

[ QUOTE ]
i dont think so. this happened to me this past august.

i was out of the country for 3 weeks with no computer access. i came back to find one of my ub accounts cleaned out of 15k. i have no idea how the dood got in my account. but it appears he looked for players to sell my ub money to for a transfer on stars. there were 3 players on ub, matusow being one of them who received 5k from my account.

i sorted the thing out with ub, but, to this day, i dont know how the person got in my account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad it worked out and thanks for the info.

The story I was referencing I think was more like a year ago and not six months ago -- but Paul Phillips didn't go into details (for probably obvious reasons) regarding someone who on some site had their money lifted and given to someone else on the site who had an interest in said site.

Enough of your details matched that I wondered if this was the story.

Oh, well.

Yet another mystery never revealed.

It is a cautionary tale and a reason why I am constantly moving money out of my online accounts in order to not have much at any given time anywhere.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 12-08-2005, 01:52 PM

Anybody know how accurate his comments are on his Omaha Hi/Lo game?
Old 12-08-2005, 02:00 PM

The gossip is nice, but the real interesting thing is how Matusow falls in the 'accumulator / chip up' camp, apparently eschewing even 4/1 all-in confrontations ( ala Hellmuth). This is rather shocking to me. He sure has confidence in his ability to outplay people. This falls in direct contrast to the adamantly held beliefs of the 'take the edge' crowd around here ( which includes me ).

We know where Greg Raymer stands on this issue ( take the 60/40 edge if you have it). I wonder where some of the other well known pros stand on this.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:28 PM

I am liking the whole Bluff/ESPN partership here. Awesome interview by the guys at Bluff.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:39 PM

My understanding is its his best game.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:43 PM

Somebody please point me to some place in that article where Mike tells the truth - besides the part about being a losing video poker player.

I find Mike entertaining but wow...
Old 12-08-2005, 11:39 PM

i have to agree with shark bait on this one. matasow is really talking himself up. he does a good job of it, but a lot of what i'm reading sounds like [censored]. i love the fact that he refers to his cocain addiction as "partying". that is my favorite part of the whole thing. i hate booze, it destroys peoples lives. but i loved to party. hehehe
Old 12-14-2005, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The gossip is nice, but the real interesting thing is how Matusow falls in the 'accumulator / chip up' camp, apparently eschewing even 4/1 all-in confrontations ( ala Hellmuth). This is rather shocking to me. He sure has confidence in his ability to outplay people. This falls in direct contrast to the adamantly held beliefs of the 'take the edge' crowd around here ( which includes me ).

We know where Greg Raymer stands on this issue ( take the 60/40 edge if you have it). I wonder where some of the other well known pros stand on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

It didnt come across to me that MM advocates a tighter style, passing up on edges in the same way helmuth seems to.

I think its more a case of he prefers to constantly build his stack as a buffer for when he does take these risks. He certainly does take risks, and doesnt seem to pass up confrontations even in (at first glance) passable spots.

This is all my opinion based on what ive read on his game however - ive never played with the guy, and ive hardly seen any of his game so can only go off 2nd and 3rd hand accounts.