Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 10:26 AM

Default Re: What I\'ve learned as a LAG (6max)

[ QUOTE ]
Have you any numbers from your (more nut peddling) full ring games to compare to the six max tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

WIthout giving away too much info
$50 &25 Full ring: VPIP: 25 bb/100: 9.8 (~15k hands)
$50 6max VPIP: 66 bb/100: 14-24 (this number is wierd becuase of variance)
Old 07-25-2005, 02:11 PM

Short handed, I definately think LAG is definately way to go. Your post pretty much explains why. Im thinking that if you your playing 3-4 tables you should turn it down a bit just because playing in this style often requires a good read on your opponents.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do not think the best PLO players in the world, like Rafi Amit, are LAG players

[/ QUOTE ]

What about Stuart Reuben (I dont actually know much about him), but a truely great LAG is Robert Williamson III.

I think that most Good players are Tight-Aggressive, but most great players are Loose-Aggressive. the Problem is that there is a small difference between being a good Loose-Agressive player, and a bad losing player.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I do not think the best PLO players in the world, like Rafi Amit, are LAG players

[/ QUOTE ]

What about Stuart Reuben (I dont actually know much about him), but a truely great LAG is Robert Williamson III.

I think that most Good players are Tight-Aggressive, but most great players are Loose-Aggressive. the Problem is that there is a small difference between being a good Loose-Agressive player, and a bad losing player.

[/ QUOTE ]

As has been mentioned many times before, but I must repeat because I learned it the hard way:

Rueben and others can play that way because of game conditions. Namely (1) they play with the same people day in and day out and are very familar with how the react in specific situations (2) the stacks are very very deep.

If these two conditions are absent (i.e. your average online game) playing LAG postflop is like sending a telegram to the seductive Ms. Variance.

But if you play g00t then rock on. Like I said earlier I believe in LAG preflop and TAG postflop when it comes to online play; and always mix it up.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:18 PM

Good post

My two biggest turnoffs for the 6maxers are two things that you mentioned: the swings, and the fact that you have to pay much closer attention to each individual player.

-Matt
Old 07-26-2005, 08:00 PM

It depends on what you mean by LAG. Rafi has a huge amount of gamble in him, especially when it comes to reraising preflop and drawing from the flop. But he doesnt play a lot of hands. All the best players on Stars, with one exception, play sub 40% VPIP in a ring game, normally 35 ish.

A fixation on preflop hand values is more of a holdem thing...im not sure LAG can even be applied to PLO in a strict sense.

gl

Dave

Omaha Galore!