Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 02:36 AM

Default 1-2 live draw push

1-2 nl at the mirage.

Hero has: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button with $135
Table is 8 handed.

4 people limp to me. I call $2.

SB. Folds.
BB (Loose aggressive player... ~$800 stack) Raises $10 to $12.

4 callers. Hero Calls. Pot stands at $75.

Flop:
3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

PF Raiser bets $40.
Loose/bad player in MP with ~300 thinks for a while and calls.

Pot stands at $122.

It's folded to me. This is not an unusual bet for the PF raiser, as he often does this whether he hits or not. He has a tendency to raise with any suited connectors, small pairs, big little suited, etc. I had seen him make this same bet with bottom pair, however, this time he was in early position, which meant that his cards might be alittle better.Still, I thought it likely for him to have a small two pair, A8 suited, two overcards, etc.

I push for $123 which is an $83 bet. I have a tight image at the table and figure I have good fold equity here as well as alot of outs if I get called.

What actions would others take? Would you play this differently?

Results to follow.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:12 AM

Default Re: 1-2 live draw push

I've played in games like this with an almost identical hand with two callers because they just didn't think I hit anything on the flop and couldn't understand my raise. One guy called with AKo and won with Ace high when none of the draws came.

That said, I think the play is probably too risky because the flop won't scare anyone. At best you can represent a set, but that won't scare off anyone with a flush draw, especially the loose/bad player who might have K3s or just a high heart.