Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Re: I NO LONGER COACH

[ QUOTE ]
Ahhh, the Single Table Tournament Forum: 30 of the coolest, brightest people I've ever met, and 4,000 developmentaly disabled sociopaths.

I love it.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

For once I'm in the majority somewhere.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ahhh, the Single Table Tournament Forum: 30 of the coolest, brightest people I've ever met, and 4,000 developmentaly disabled sociopaths who can be taught to beat the 109s.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-30-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm actually a little afraid that when I post my meta-analysis of SNG results next month, a few 2+2ers will be so angry that they will try to murder me.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're lucky, maybe they'll knock off that other guy who plays poker and stole your name. Sometimes it's nice to have a poker twin...

[ QUOTE ]

The crazy people on this forum are quite funny.
I love it.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto.

Default Re: One Year Ago

One year ago I 2 tabled the 11 and chased bonuses at 1/2. Pretty much broke even.

Now I 4 table the 22s at about 13% ROI and and have built my bankroll to about 5k. I love the fact that I am still playing on my original deposit. I would like to be 8 tabling the 55s a year from now.

My question for the veterans is, would you rather play against 1 year ago's hypothetical pool of opponents, today's pool of opponents, or is the level of play about the same or close to the same?

Later,

KennyBanya
Old 11-30-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ahhh, the Single Table Tournament Forum: 30 of the coolest, brightest people I've ever met, and 4,000 developmentaly disabled sociopaths who can be taught to beat the 109s.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bones, I'm looking forward to meeting you. You are funny as hell and your avatar rocks.

Irieguy
Old 11-30-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My question for the veterans is, would you rather play against 1 year ago's hypothetical pool of opponents, today's pool of opponents, or is the level of play about the same or close to the same?

Later,

KennyBanya

[/ QUOTE ]

One year ago it was much easier, because when you ran hot you figured it was because you were great at the poker.

Now that we know that variance is fixed by SNG structure, and that the limits between the upper and lower bounds of what's possible in terms of profit are much narrower than we thought a year ago, it is more challenging.

As far as the skill of our opponents, I would say that the higher limit players are making fewer push/fold mistakes than they used to, and that the lower limit players are as bad as ever.

Irieguy
Old 11-30-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now that we know that variance is fixed by SNG structure, and that the limits between the upper and lower bounds of what's possible in terms of profit are much narrower than we thought a year ago, it is more challenging.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know if everyone else agrees with you here. in fact, i'm sure that many people disagree with you here.

lower bound = -1 ROI
upper bound = some number

i don't think that what most people think of as the upper bound of what's possible has changed very much. thus the quantity upper bound - lower bound is not significantly different than before. also, almost all of the good empirical and statisical similuation work that was done on variance was done prior to 12 months ago, at least in the basic forms which yield primary results.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bones, I'm looking forward to meeting you. You are funny as hell and your avatar rocks.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

The Chance of you meeting Bones is decreasing exponentially with every anti-SFB post that he makes...The current O/U is Wry Wash Wroad (2 mi. west of ZZYZX)....If he's not ontime for the Ontario Airport pickup it won't matter [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

B-T-W: Yugo swears that the Bones Avatar is Yugo-work
Old 11-30-2005, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

B-T-W: Yugo swears that the Bones Avatar is Yugo-work

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to admit for Yugo's sake he has had some pretty tight avatars, but there is no need to boast Yugo, hahaha. Fat man said what? hhahhaha

[/ QUOTE ]

Skipper,

I'm glad I didn't send that post about coaching [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Seth

14 more pounds till Yugo gets poor