Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-28-2005, 07:32 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 11-28-2005, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Pacific

If you don't mind not being able to take notes on players use the Java non-download version. It runs fine.

On a related note, Pacific is the most maddening site I've ever played on for the micro-limits .25/.50 and .50/$1. The games look incredible--big pots and flop percentages in the near-sixties. The problem is I *never* seem to get cards on that site. I've had three runs at it, and have yet to make a profit, despite incredibly appealing games.

My last session, I played about 2 1/2 hours and literally had about six nice starting hands the whole time. By far the two best were A-A and K-K. I raised with A-A and lost to 10-6s in late position who cold-called, then called me on the flop after hitting a pair of sixes, then hit trip sixes on the turn. My K-K lost to A-2 with an ace on the flop. That site just kills me, I can never seem to get good cards and meanwhile I see crazy LAG fish all around splashing money all over the place.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:49 PM

That sounds like the Pacific software we've all grown to hate.

They did try to upgrade it recently, but didn't tell anyone that you have to download the entire client from scratch. Did you do that?

Having to post the big blind again, even if you posted it for that round, if you have to re-enter, is simply the way they do it. They are not renowned for being concerned about their customers, who are generally new fish passing through their first site, and who are happy to post utg to get into the game.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:50 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 11-28-2005, 07:55 PM

When you say "other programs", I seem to remember thinking that when I used HandGrabber to open Pacific I had more disconnects than usual. Perhaps it's that, for some reason?
Old 11-28-2005, 10:36 PM

I know when i play pacific i cannot run other software, if i have 3 or 4 tables at another site up, pacific becomes useless, but otherwise if im running it solo, it seems to be ok, although playing just 1 table there is kind of frustrating and slow, despite juicy games.