Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 09:12 AM

Default Hurricanes and the Governement

Its stupid that Bush had to prove he was a good leader by throwing a zillion dollars for hurricane victims when only about half a zillion is necessary. he then puts on a huge show for hurricane rita (going to a military installation to watch coverage - like 9 aerial tours in a week). all a bit over the top.
Yes it is necessary to give new orleans some help. But in alot of ways new orleans will probably be a more popular tourist destination like nyc after 9/11.
Just seems like a scared, reactionary response by bush driven my media criticism.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:45 AM

Default Re: Hurricanes and the Governement

Do you know if they are going to make the levees strong enough to withstand a hurricane 3 or higher hurricane? What's the point in rebuilding if the city is going to flood again?
Old 10-01-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Hurricanes and the Governement

Yeah i assume they will just build stronger levies. From what i understand the original site of new orleans (bourbon street, closer to downtown did not flood or at least not as much.). so there is some push to not rebuild some neighborhoods in the extremely flood prone areas. but i assume they will just let people rebuild and build a levee strong enough for a cat 5. government never really takes an unpopular stand on too many things.