Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 09:34 AM

Default Moderating this forum

I'm going to keep this stickied for a while, and when I have a good idea of what people want I'll take it down and maybe put something else up.

Basically I know a lot of you have different ideas on how much should be done, so go ahead and put it out there. Do you want crappy bad bead posts locked? Just theredpill/"[censored] you all" threads?

Also someone bump the FAQ -Skeme- wrote so I can at least sticky it while he works on it or something.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:37 AM

Default Re: Moderating this forum

There are a couple of threads that should be stopped right now.

Lock/Destroy bad beat threads
Lock/Destroy threads that don't have anything to do with discussing hands or SSNL (this includes book and computer questions.. and all other questions that belong in other forums)

Please sticky an FAQ... and include winrate answers!

Congrats Xorbie, you'll serve us well.
Ryan
Old 08-04-2005, 09:41 AM

- lock low content threads (including mine). They don't need to be killed, but they do need to pass away quickly.
- kill "OLINE POAKER IS RGGED" type posts.
- make someone put together a list of links as FAQ. I appreciate skeme's efforts, but I don't think haveing answers from threads in a sticky (how big should BR be etc.) is a good idea. i think links to good past threads about them is a good idea.

fim
Old 08-04-2005, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think haveing answers from threads in a sticky (how big should BR be etc.) is a good idea. i think links to good past threads about them is a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree -- this allows people to see the comments that everyone made, rather than encouraging newcomers to blindly accept the information in the sticky.

if there's anything that I've learned while attempting to master NLHE, it's not to take all of the advice you hear without actually thinking about it.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Lock/Destroy threads that don't have anything to do with discussing hands or SSNL (this includes book and computer questions.. and all other questions that belong in other forums)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think mods have to abilitiy to move threads. So xorbie could actually move the thread to the appropriate forum, then leave a link in the original thread to the new thread.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

if there's anything that I've learned while attempting to master NLHE, it's not to take all of the advice you hear without actually thinking about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

this sentiment cannot be uttered enough.

fim

PS- OMG xorbie is drunk with power! he took away the POKARISRGGED thread where i was having fun with the mcfrenchie!

j/k. well played.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

PS- OMG xorbie is drunk with power! he took away the POKARISRGGED thread where i was having fun with the mcfrenchie!

j/k. well played.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahah

"fimbulwinter hates blacks and jews!!!!11111"
Old 08-04-2005, 10:18 AM

So now that you're a moderator for small stakes, does that mean you can never move up to bigger games? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2005, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So now that you're a moderator for small stakes, does that mean you can never move up to bigger games? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course not! All he has to do is beat AZK in a $10k freezeout... then xorbie becomes M-H mod and AZK is forced to create "micro-limit NLHE" and mod it instead. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2005, 10:41 AM

How do you apply for moderatorship? I think I would make an excellent mod around here.