Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 03:33 AM

Default hand discussion about Lindgren\'s 55 and QTs

how would you guys have played these hands differently?

For the 55 hand...first of all I find it interesting that TRAN raised preflop to 100K. I don't think the blinds were that high for a standard 3x bb raise to be 100k. You can tell by Lindgren's face..he's like the hell...I think he may have even thought about pushing it all in...but he figures TRAN will probably call with anything AJ and higher..and pocket pairs.

The flop Erick bets 80k into a now 200K pot on a board of 96x. I feel this is sort of a weak bet...and very prone to being bluffed out which is what happened.
Either, he could've just folded preflop..and be done with it, since he was out of position with low pocket pairs against a guy who seemed like he couldn't get away with a hand; or he could've tried the passive route..and check call him down...tho it's not certain if TRAN would keep on firing.
THe QT hand...I wonder if Erick should've just pushed it on the flop..he mini raised another 140k, I believe. I wonder what was the point of the mini raise...was it to probe TRAN to make a wild move like that? I don't think that's the case..because Erick didn't call immediately. Also if Erick was gonna call his all in anyways, why not just push it on the flop...at least you have some fold equity and also have a good shot of winning with a 66% favorite.

Anyways those are my 2 cents.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:39 AM

Default Re: hand discussion about Lindgren\'s 55 and QTs

Granted, Tran sucked, but if you ask Lindgren if he would like to have all the money in as a 2 to 1 favorite he would most likely say yes against any player, no matter how bad, especially one who is so maniacal and unthinking.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:28 AM

Default Re: hand discussion about Lindgren\'s 55 and QTs

[ QUOTE ]
The flop Erick bets 80k into a now 200K pot on a board of 96x.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a standard probe bet. Eric's in a tough spot here. He doesn't want to check to Tran as he knows Tran will bet and then Eric really has no idea what Tran has. If he puts out a probe, Tran could fold, or call and Eric can get a read. Tran of course goes bonkers and Eric has to give up the hand.

[ QUOTE ]
THe QT hand...I wonder if Erick should've just pushed it on the flop..he mini raised another 140k, I believe. I wonder what was the point of the mini raise...was it to probe TRAN to make a wild move like that? I don't think that's the case..because Erick didn't call immediately.

[/ QUOTE ]

The same thing I think, probing to see where QT is. In this case though, he's not going to lay down. I suspect Trans all-in surprised him, but after thinking about all the loose calls Tran had made Eric decided to call.

Right choice, wrong results [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].