Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2005, 01:32 AM

Default Re: Phoenix Area Cardrooms

Casnio Az@ Indian Bend is the only place to play at. Its the one in the pink tent.

The 6/12 game can be juciy on weekend nights. The 20/40 game is really nice if you have the bankroll. Lots of LAG's.
Old 02-05-2005, 04:00 AM

The CA at Indian Bend is a great room. Lots of tables and the food service is excellent.

I played in the LAGiest, juciest 4/8 game I have ever been in at that place. But it was a big football day which apparently brought out a lot of the fishies.
Old 02-05-2005, 05:18 PM

Since not too many have talked about the Fort, I will.

It is about a 20-30 min drive from the 101 and Shea (take Shea to the end and turn left, drive a mile and turn left at the light, easy to get to).

They run a twice daily NL tournament that you want to be playing ring games for a couple hours before to get max starting chips. You want to be on the table by 4pm for the 7pm tournament.

I mostly play the 2-150 spread limit, as close as it gets to NL here. Some weekends it is hard to get a seat as there generally is only 1 table spread until the tournament starts breaking up around 8:30pm, then you will many nights see 2-3 2-150 tables. The table can get a little "off" with the table "captains" giving anyone greif for beating their "better" play, but I like it because it is generally +EV to have someone at the table steaming. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The 3-6 and 4-8 tables are more tight than one might expect generally. Generally 2-5 per unraised pot, fewer in a raised pot. Lots of calling stations, easy money.

The tournament, is fun even if you do not get anywhere. Lots of wannabes, sunglasses, basecaps, unlit smokes and the like. Good 2+2 play will get you deep.

Staff has always been good, fair and reasonable rulings when you need one, which is not too often. Good service, good dealers for the most part.

All of the rooms this weekend should be pretty fishy with the PGA and super bowl. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2005, 05:12 PM

I've never even been to the Fort, but I did say I'd like to go someday!

We're home now (don't ask), so we should be able to meet you in Phx.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2005, 08:12 PM

Awww.... too bad for you, I hope it wasn't due to health reasons. Good for Phoenix though!

I'll PM as soon as I am ready to leave Vegas for AZ. It should be next Thursday.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]