Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2005, 02:19 AM

Location: Typing \"nice runner runner\" over and over and over and over and over and over
Default Heads up no cap

Yes, I already searched, and didn't find anything useful.

For those B&M's that uncap the betting in a limit game when it's heads up, what are the specifics about when it gets uncapped? In other words, does it have to have been heads up before the current betting round starts? What if it's already capped with 3 players and then one player folds? Any other details I should be aware of?

Thanks.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Heads up no cap

This varies from place to place. I have seen both the "HU at the beginning" and the "HU at any time" variants. The best way to find out for sure is to ask a dealer or floor wherever you play.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:53 AM

it depends on the place. most places have it so that the betting round has to start heads up. but at places like oceans 11 you can go unlimited even if it doesn't start heads up.
Old 09-05-2005, 03:24 AM

Check out this thread for more than you could ever want to know about capping. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick
Old 09-05-2005, 11:27 AM

I was VERY suprised to run in to this while playing in Indiana while traveling on business in Louisville.

I'd made a Set on the Flop and was heads up going into the Turn. Bet and called, then the River which paired the board with 6s, filling me up.

Betting ensues and I put what I think is the last bet in when I hear her announce raise, and at that point I had to question the dealer....much to my suprise, it was WIDE open now!

It went on for several raises and she WASN'T giving up...I finally called it to a halt on the VERY outside chance she was betting Quads, but thankfully it was only Trips and I raked a HUGE pot [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]