Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2005, 10:37 AM

Default Re: AK limp reraise

Why does every post I make invariably degenerate into a flame war?
Old 03-23-2005, 11:36 AM
 is offline

I think that the 5$ bet is pretty interesting. But you can just make it if you are sure you can outplay this guy. He said something about AA vs. KK and he is loosing.
Now that should be a point were you can get him. Is he an actor? Does he think he can coffeehouse and make a play on you?
Now if you bet 5$ it is the same as checking. But maybe it is better than ckecking, because it seems weird and now he is able to fall out of his role as an actor, because it is a situation he doesn't expect. Look him closely. As Caro say, if he now does act other than he did before, he is bluffing.
Just make a play like this if you are sure you have better reading skills than him.

But I would bet half his remaining stack here. Have no reading skills. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2005, 11:47 AM

I can't see Villain folding here, and it smells like AA to me.

I'd just check fold here.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:07 PM

According to Harrington's latest book you should come out with a continuation bet here of 40 - 70% of the pot. To me the call of the reraise looks scary. But figure the possible hands considering you have AK, AA (3ways) KK (3 ways) QQ (6 ways) JJ (6 ways) AK (9 ways) and even 10 10 (6 ways), 9 9 (6 ways) are a possibility for a guy who likes to isolate. Don't forget he has position and is likely to call with a few weaker hands. So with a continuation bet you might get hands like AK, JJ, 10 10 and 99 to lay down. If we have nailed down the playable hands then there is a good chance he would lay down 27 / 49 or 55%, which means a continuation bet here should show a positive EV. There is also a possibility that AA or even KK would have put you all in here pre-flop decreasing the likelihood of those holdings further.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:34 PM

I consider this more a +EV situation than a flame war, but maybe that's just me. I am of course completely serious about the prop bet.

Hey, maybe I should offer to make the prop bet for one penny, or maybe I should offer to give him 100:99 odds. That'd be so creative he wouldn't know what to do, and he'd probably give me $100 immediately.

--Nate
Old 03-24-2005, 01:54 AM

How about you just look over my previous posts in this forum and decide if I'm the moron you believe me to be. If somehow you are mistaken, you might consider constructing an argument as to why my suggestion is not a good one.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I consider this more a +EV situation than a flame war, but maybe that's just me. I am of course completely serious about the prop bet.

Hey, maybe I should offer to make the prop bet for one penny, or maybe I should offer to give him 100:99 odds. That'd be so creative he wouldn't know what to do, and he'd probably give me $100 immediately.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nate, you're a genius. Can I be your friend please?
Old 03-24-2005, 02:55 PM

Time prevents me from looking through your posts at the moment.

Constructed argument:

Betting 2% or so of the pot out of position against someone who called a preflop limp-reraise will not get adequate value if you're ahead, which you're probably not; it will not get him off a better hand; it will not prevent any rational opponent from executing any plan he has for the hand; and God kills a puppy every time someone does it.

--Nate
Old 03-24-2005, 02:56 PM

Sorry, my records indicate you once bluffed a dry side pot.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Reasonable game. Villain is very Lag but good and thinking. Will reraise to isolate a lot, plays a lot of hands.

I have $900, Villain has $550

5-5 NL hold em. I limp UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. another limper, and a good player makes it $15 to go. Villain on button makes it $30. SB calls 30 cold, and I decide to make a play for the pot right there and make it $130 to go. Villain thinks for a while and calls. He starts whining about how I must have Aces when he has Kings, etc. etc.

Villain calls.

2 to the flop ($315): Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

What's my plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he has QQ and you're up [censored]'s creek.