Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-21-2005, 12:12 AM

Default I\'m Hot For Teacher (err, T.A.) Results

So after my final, I asked her out to lunch and a showing of Syriana later in the week (Brokeback Mountain not playing here unfortunately, I guess?) and she said thanks but she was swamped with work all the way into next week. She said she'd like to hear about it from me later, though.

TBH, I do think she's not playing about the work load, but pretty sure she's just being nice at blowing me off. Frusterating, the way she looked at me in class and always had a huge grin on her face whenever talking to me seemed genuinely interested. Anyone think I should actually follow up or just let it go and chug the rest of my Jack Daniels tonight? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2005, 12:15 AM

Default Re: I\'m Hot For Teacher (err, T.A.) Results

Down the Jack, then call her. Standard move in this situation.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:16 AM

is this going to be your TA again? if not i thin dr dom said you're allowed to ask twice before running away with your dick between your legs
Old 12-21-2005, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Down the Jack, then call her. Standard move in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

but wait until after 2:00 AM. Everyone knows chicks are more likely to tell the truth after that time.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:17 AM

hmmm, seems like a bad sign that she didn't suggest hanging out a different time. it's possible that the "I'd like to hear about it" is a small lead. you could test the waters further with that. shoot her a lame e-mail suggesting you meet up to talk about it.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is this going to be your TA again? if not i thin dr dom said you're allowed to ask twice before running away with your dick between your legs

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably won't be my T.A. again, but fair chance since I need another Comm. credit for my major and the likely class I'd take is the only one offering discussion sections, which she would be hosting. That'd be a little freepy, though.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:26 AM

I'd like to hear about it sounds like saying she's glad she's not going.

I'm surprised you just asked for one thing and didn't give either you or her an option. Sounds like you chicked out or froze once she said no. Shoulda asked her for either something else specific or done some kinda verbal probe to see if she'd be interested in something else some other time. As it is now, you just have it hanging in the air unanswered, with kind of a negative turn to it because you've already failed once. You need more game than this.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:27 AM

Give it another shot after grades come out. When I was a TA the general rule was no going out with students until the grades are in. That might explain her request to come talk later. BTW, my experience was that girl TAs felt more strange about dating students than dude TAs. So you should be persistent, but not pushy, and also show that you can keep things in the DL if anything goes down.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:41 AM

Blarq,

I didn't want to go full-force right away, so I wouldn't seem as desperate. Think of it as weird or not, but I read a lot of articles she wrote for this Indian website on the city Chennai that was linked off the Communication Dept. webpage, so I wanted to see if discussing that at length would be a good thing or not, you know, take an interest in her home country/ what she did back there.

If I wanted to be slick with words in terms of coming on to her, well, I usually come on too strong at first with most women, so again, didn't want to run her over right away, get some sort of reaction (which I didn't really unfortunately) before fully pulling the trigger.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:46 AM

Follow her around for a few months until you know her routine by heart. Take pictures of her going about her usual business. Sift through her garbage, keeping souvenirs of anything you find interesting.

Then ask her out again. Chicks love guys who take an interest in their day to day lives.