Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-20-2005, 09:04 PM

Default Re: In anticipation of the end of mining after Party Beta takes effect

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Writing a program which read HH's from what is going on the table (you very easily can read chat or even recognize card images)

[/ QUOTE ]

Very easily identify the cards from the image analysis huh? I can program, and i can't think of a way to do this.

PM me the details mate.

Guys - I'm sure there will be ways around it, We'll have to see when the software is released.

The main problem will be POKERACE "mucked cards" no longer displaying... Oh joy... poker gets worse and worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this was only and issue for observed HH. If you're actually sitting at the table, they're still giving you your game information so you can keep records.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:12 PM

So all in all, PT users / data miners won't have a *massive* advantage over everyone else anymore.. just a *large* one. womp womp
Old 12-20-2005, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you guys all realize that if party wanted to they could just say "if you run [name of new mining app] we will shut down your account", its one thing to design a new program but if they want to they will have their way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't you open several tables without actually logging in?
Old 12-21-2005, 12:15 AM

'Very easily identify the cards from the image analysis huh? I can program, and i can't think of a way to do this.'

Couldn't you just datamine on a second computer and replace all the card images with white fields containing a code that is easily decipherable by software?
Old 12-21-2005, 02:07 AM

There are many screen scraping utilities available. The kiddies do it all the time, writing bots for MMORPGs. Reading the cards shown is pretty simple but they still won't get the unshown hole cards.

This isn't something new; it is just going back to the way things were before Party started keeping hand histories on your computer instead of by email only. Hand histories should never have been available for observed hands in the first place.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
'Very easily identify the cards from the image analysis huh? I can program, and i can't think of a way to do this.'

Couldn't you just datamine on a second computer and replace all the card images with white fields containing a code that is easily decipherable by software?

[/ QUOTE ]

n1
Old 12-21-2005, 02:34 AM

Not being a Beta player, I can only ask this here.

If I'm in a hand, is the history stored on my local hard drive?

Also, you say that dealer chat is not giving a blow-by-blow to the observers? Is it giving any chat at all (summary, winners, starting hand, etc?)
Old 12-21-2005, 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do you guys all realize that if party wanted to they could just say "if you run [name of new mining app] we will shut down your account", its one thing to design a new program but if they want to they will have their way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. PokerStars banned the analogous StarSpy and made it stick. Party can easily do the same.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:04 AM

This is fantastic news. You made my day [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2005, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. PokerStars banned the analogous StarSpy and made it stick. Party can easily do the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are whole books devoted to image analysis. Go to amazon and do a search. This case is really easy since reading pixels is a heck of a lot cleaner than reading photographs.

The value you lose is not seeing losing hands. You can still calculate a bunch of numbers but you can't learn that he calls down with weak aces, semibluffs a lot, and so on...