Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 03:40 AM

Default Re: Real World Reunion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
btw, Im wondering if any of you guys who watch these shows crack on women for watching soap operas?

[/ QUOTE ] soap operas aren't real though.

[ QUOTE ]
Are any of you old enough to remember if MTV actually ever was music television?

[/ QUOTE ] yes, I am 23.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, good point about the reality thing... although the characters are hand-picked for drama.

I guess I wouldnt remember MTV as music TV since I got cable kinda late. It really shocked me when I saw beavis and butthead and they had music videos in the middle of them, weird.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, good point about the reality thing... although the characters are hand-picked for drama.

[/ QUOTE ] I was being somewhat sarcastic. I should have said, "but they don't have a script", as far as we know [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]. Whatever, I just like it for the arguments. Most of the people on there are freakin idiots.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:49 AM

I kinda thought you were, but thought I would play it straight.

Wasn't there this gay guy on one of the first ones that had HIV and actually brought up awareness and stuff? How could any season past that actually top it?
Old 11-30-2005, 03:57 AM

the first 4 seasons were easily the best. The dude in question was from season 3 in SF. Pedro was his name I believe.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:32 AM

Great episode. Basically, it was revealed that:
1) Wes and Johanna are seriously dating now
2) Danny and Melinda are engaged and living together in Boston
3) Nehemiah called out Danny and told him that everybody hates him now because he's changed after the show, and that he thinks he's "Ben Affleck" or something. Danny got into serious arguments with him and also the girl who's name I forget. For somebody with a hot girlfriend, he has issues.
4) Nehemiah made an incredibly stupid comment about the girl whose name I forget and her boyfriend not having sex, and that theirs wasn't a "real" relationship (boyfriend is paralyzed from waist down according to my wife).
5) Show ended with everybody looking extremely pissed off and hating each other. Nehemiah is clearly angling to be the new Puck.

FAN-tastic.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Great episode. Basically, it was revealed that:
1) Wes and Johanna are seriously dating now
2) Danny and Melinda are engaged and living together in Boston
3) Nehemiah called out Danny and told him that everybody hates him now because he's changed after the show, and that he thinks he's "Ben Affleck" or something. Danny got into serious arguments with him and also the girl who's name I forget. For somebody with a hot girlfriend, he has issues.
4) Nehemiah made an incredibly stupid comment about the girl whose name I forget and her boyfriend not having sex, and that theirs wasn't a "real" relationship (boyfriend is paralyzed from waist down according to my wife).
5) Show ended with everybody looking extremely pissed off and hating each other. Nehemiah is clearly angling to be the new Puck.

FAN-tastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't it!! Did you notice Danny had his teeth capped? Nice tie and hat too, [censored] loser.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are any of you old enough to remember if MTV actually ever was music television?

Im not, and Im 21.

It's kind of a joke, they really need to change the name.

btw, Im wondering if any of you guys who watch these shows crack on women for watching soap operas?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have no reservations killing you if it meant I could stay home and watch general hospital all day. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2005, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Im not, and Im 21.

[/ QUOTE ]
omgwtf they don't even show videe ohs! and theyr name is totally music videe ohs!

I don't get this. Clearly they are making a ton more money than they would if they just showed music videos. They realized that pretty early on. You'd have to be an idiot to honestly expect them to revert to a less profitable format or give up their very valuable branding.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Im not, and Im 21.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am a 30 year old guy with a wife and a baby on the way, and I LOVE watching soaps on my days off. I grew up watching the CBS ones (Young and the Restless, Bold and the Beautiful, and my favorite, Guiding Light), but I switched to the ABC ones when I started dating my wife. Best part of soaps is that people who were on when I was a kid are STILL on the shows...friggin Tony Geary must be like 65 by now.

There's certainly no shame in admitting to watching/enjoying soaps.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:01 AM

This show angered me for several reasons.

I think my main issue is I can't stand to watch stupid people argue with other. It's like I want to jump in the TV slap the people arguing and explain to them what they SHOULD say.

Another thing that bothered me was the audience. The audience must've been even dumber than the cast. They would laugh (some would laugh really hard) at inane comments, and they would calp for the dumbest [censored]. I understand some of this is not as bad as it appears b/c of the way the show is cut, but some was geunine applause immediately after a comment.

Rachel: "I'm still with Eric."
Audience: Applause.

WTF?!