Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-22-2005, 06:15 PM

Default 50+5 Hand w/ 2+2\'r...argument insued

Here is the hand..I'll post info after.

#Game No : 3077918067
***** Hand History for Game 3077918067 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $50 Buy-in + $5 Entry Fee Trny:17633824 Level:9 Blinds(250/500) - Tuesday, November 22, 16:49:54 EDT 2005
Table Table 67982 (Real Money)
Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 7: XxTabiasxX ( $5270 )
Seat 4: CANDB7 ( $2710 )
Seat 9: LuckyJoker21 ( $760 )
Seat 8: DeBBster ( $1260 )
Trny:17633824 Level:9
Blinds(250/500)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to CANDB7 [ 8h Jd ]
LuckyJoker21 folds.
CANDB7 folds.
XxTabiasxX raises [1650].
DeBBster is all-In [760]
** Dealing Flop ** [ Qs, 8c, 5s ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ Ks ]
** Dealing River ** [ Jh ]
XxTabiasxX shows [ Qd, Qh ] three of a kind, queens.
DeBBster shows [ Ac, Th ] a straight, ten to ace.
XxTabiasxX wins 640 chips from side pot #1 with three of a kind, queens.
DeBBster wins 2520 chips from the main pot with a straight, ten to ace.

Game #3077919583 starts.

----------------------------------------------

I am personally not involved in the hand, as I obviously folded. The player w/ Queens appeared to be solid and turned out to be a 2+2'r. As soon as the hand ended, he told the short stack how 'stupid' his call was.

I jokingly told him to be quiet(because I never talk crap to newbies, and even though I didn't disagree with his call, I thought that player was weak.)

He argued back how stupid the call was. From what I understand, here was his viewpoint:

Him: He'd rather have the small stack fold, in hopes he could continue to blind steal through the rest of the bubble and build a huge stack.

Me: I see the logic behind this, but it is extremely flawed. I'd much rather have the massive chip lead and play those chips myself, than have the small stack double up other players and leave myself with less chip equity. It seems to me, that as a big stack on a table, ALMOST anytime I can get in a 70/30 situation all in PF, I should be extremely happy with where I stand.

Thoughts?
Old 11-22-2005, 06:25 PM

Default Re: 50+5 Hand w/ 2+2\'r...argument insued

As big stack, I'd be kind of indifferent here between a fold and a 70-30 advantage. Either way is good for me (although losing the 70-30 isn't so great).

As small stack, I'd hate to bust out here, but the blinds are so high and I'm not far enough ahead of the shorty that I can fold.

I'm afraid I didn't quite follow your argument, but I hope this is the feedback you wanted. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2005, 06:31 PM

Well the caller does have almost half his stack in the pot. If he folds he is tied with the small stack with very little room for manuevering. He has to hope the other small stack busts before him which is far from guaranteed. I guess he should just fold and hope to squeak into the money? With AT and the pot odds he is getting and the fact that big stack could be pushing a wide range here I would call this everytime. The OP is just mad because he lost the hand.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As big stack, I'd be kind of indifferent here between a fold and a 70-30 advantage. Either way is good for me (although losing the 70-30 isn't so great).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand how you could even be indifferent. With the blinds this high, how much better of an opportunity are you waiting to have?
Old 11-22-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well the caller does have almost half his stack in the pot. If he folds he is tied with the small stack with very little room for manuevering. He has to hope the other small stack busts before him which is far from guaranteed. I guess he should just fold and hope to squeak into the money? With AT and the pot odds he is getting and the fact that big stack could be pushing a wide range here I would call this everytime. The OP is just mad because he lost the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I initially thought he was claiming it to be a bad call b/c of how short the other short-stack was. But he wasn't. He really thought he wanted him to fold, we argued the whole way down to a push-bot HU finish about it. He even told me to read more of the 'board'.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand how you could even be indifferent. With the blinds this high, how much better of an opportunity are you waiting to have?

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? We're talking about the big stack here. Opponent folds, I get some chips, and the bubble continues. Opponent calls, I have a good shot at getting more chips, but then the bubble would end, and meanwhile I could lose chips also.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:35 PM

I want a call with my queens.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? We're talking about the big stack here. Opponent folds, I get some chips, and the bubble continues. Opponent calls, I have a good shot at getting more chips, but then the bubble would end, and meanwhile I could lose chips also.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that we're talking about the big stack. I don't understand being 'indifferent'. I am begging for him to call, and I am DEFINITELY begging him to call if I know he has A10.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:37 PM

XxTabiasxX is a dick in the chatbox. He called me a fish after he called my push with JJ and my KJ sucked out a straight on him. On another table we were both playing at the time, I told him to take his bad beats like a man and stop being such a whiney little turd. Two minutes later I pick up JJ from MP with him on the BB. I type some trash talk into the chatbox and push. He calls with 99 and rivers the third 9. I haven't heard anything from him since.

Anyway Tabias, stop sucking at life.

Oh, and without reading his argument, I'm going to guess it's some crackpot justification for why the call with AT was a bad idea getting 2:1 on your money against someone pushing a lot of hands.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:38 PM

The only reason he didn't want this call is because he got sucked out on.