Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-18-2005, 12:17 PM

Default Re: More bad office habits

[ QUOTE ]
Good thread just turned potentially great. Cool [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I love OOT...
Old 11-18-2005, 12:18 PM

Sometimes I clip my nails at the office, because if I don't I'll pick at them and it bugs me. I'll usually close the door though. Here's my top five bad office habits:

- Leaving that last bit of coffee on the burner so it will stink up the whole place. Either make another pot or take it off, lazy.

- Hovering people...they don't have anything to do, so they come stand by your desk. Of course, they also don't have anything to say. Either say something or go away...I'm busy posting on 2+2.

- People who don't get their print jobs after they print. So when I go to get my print job, it's mixed in with all this old stuff. Why did they even bother to print it if they're not going to use it?

- People who use speakerphone to dial because they're too lazy to pick up the handset. BEEP BEEP BOOP BEEP BEEP...just pick it up!

- People who shoulder surf or look at your monitor when you're gone. I was doing a training module one day, and a particular page had some photos of people on it. I left my computer unlocked, and when I came back, the receptionist was in my office looking at my monitor! WTF? "Well, I walked by, and it looked like you were on Match.com." "Did you think I'd click on your profile?" Yeesh. CTRL-ALT-DEL-ENTER. CTRL-ALT-DEL-ENTER.

I'd love to hear others...this is fun.

ScottieK
Old 11-18-2005, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, PM it to me and I will post results if she replies.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is grrrrrrrrrrrrr-eat!
Old 11-18-2005, 12:20 PM

Default This is great

This is great. This is great! Now I have something to look forward to all day! That is weird...it's all photos of her with no one else in them? What is she, some HS prom queen?

ScottieK
Old 11-18-2005, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is more weird than anything else. But this girl that works next to me put up probably like 6-8 pictures up on her desk. That isn't weird, but the fact that all of those pictures are of herself w/out anyone else in them mind you. Is a tad strange.

Not to mention her desktop background is another picture of her.

Who does that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone with an identical twin.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

- Hovering people...they don't have anything to do, so they come stand by your desk. Of course, they also don't have anything to say. Either say something or go away...I'm busy posting on 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't tell you how pissed off this makes me. Only when I wanna OOT though. Which is all the time.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Re: This is great

[ QUOTE ]
This is great. This is great! Now I have something to look forward to all day! That is weird...it's all photos of her with no one else in them? What is she, some HS prom queen?

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know much about her, I think she is like 18 or something in college but working at this firm part time. I think the pictures she hung were probably her senior pictures becuase they are all outdoors and typical picture-like. I even think there may be a swing involved, ouch. But the picture on her computer is of her singing, it is a close up of her with a mic and maybe trying to hit a high note or something.

It is going to be hard not to laugh and she is right around the corner from my office in a cube. Or rather a half cube. Her cube is really just a desk they added to the side of another cube it is totally open and two attorneys offices are over there, so there are always alot of people walking by her desk.

Some background that I can tell is she is one of those girls at the office that talks alot and tries to be friends with everyone. She gave up on trying to talk to me, thank God, after all I did was mumble to her. It took a week of me just going, "memme" before she stopped.

And no she doesn't look good. She is thick, not fat but too thick you know what I mean and way too much makeup.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:27 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
- People who use speakerphone to dial because they're too lazy to pick up the handset. BEEP BEEP BOOP BEEP BEEP...just pick it up!

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I hate this. It's like they think they are the only person around.

Oh, and OP. That's just sick.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Re: This is great

Awww, I'm feeling sorry for her now I know a little about her.

I'll never be hardcore OOT [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2005, 12:31 PM

Default On a similar note

No joke man. Annoys the S@#$ out of me. Thankfully I have an office, so they can't just look like they're meandering. They actually have to come in.

On a similar note, this isn't a habit, more of an observation. Do you have anyone in the office that can only relate to you on one topic? Every time you see them, it's the same thing. In my case, it's fantasy football. I wonder if we'd even talk if I didn't have a FF team. "Who should I start this week...Corey Dillon or Duce Staley?" "Who are you starting?" "What defense should I go with?" God forbid you try to talk about something else. I know he does other things, but all I get from him when I change the subject is a short one-line answer. Drives me nuts. Occasionally we can talk about Lobo football and basketball, but inevitably it goes back to FF. I wonder if he'll still be my friend when the season is over.

ScottieK