Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 11-18-2005, 05:15 AM

Default Re: Another tough situation

*grunch*

I'd bet. The pot is big, my hand is probably best now and I want to protect myself against a J, an 8 with a good kicker and Gutshots that could out-draw me easily (up to 14 outs against me). I am not so sure about protecting against weaker aces. They only have 3 outs so they pay you off most of the time. Nevertheless, I actually want BU to raise my bet and make the others cold-call and get HU with him. I won't make flushdraws fold so they can pay me off nicely when they don't hit. When BU plays reasonably postflop, a raise means an A in his hand, probably. I'd then 3bet and call-down if he caps (release the hand if another diamond comes and there is action in front of you).
Old 11-18-2005, 09:16 AM

I dont like the raise. Bet on the flop.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:10 AM

I like a flop check, and evaluating the reaction to Button's bet. If we're heads up on the turn I go into WA/WB.

The only thing about this plan is I'm not sure what to do if it's two bets back to me. I could easily see a scenario where button bets KK-JJ, and one of the EP limpers check-raises w. AXs, X<T. The pot's getting pretty big. But I would hate getting trapped between two big hands as well.

It's still early and I get confused easily.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like a flop check, and evaluating the reaction to Button's bet. If we're heads up on the turn I go into WA/WB.

The only thing about this plan is I'm not sure what to do if it's two bets back to me. I could easily see a scenario where button bets KK-JJ, and one of the EP limpers check-raises w. AXs, X<T. The pot's getting pretty big. But I would hate getting trapped between two big hands as well.

It's still early and I get confused easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if it's 2 bets back to us, we cold-call. If button 3-bets then we can either fold to the cap coming back or check-fold the turn UI.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:19 PM

This pot is to friggin big to go into wa/wb on the flop imo. I don't mind spraying a few chips on the flop if it improves my chances of winning or gaining value when ahead. I think putting a couple of bets in on the flop when behind is a much smaller mistake than giving the field a free card or missing a value bet if ahead. I would almost always bet here.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:32 PM

i basically never bet in these situations, unless i have a monster and some really bad players who will coldcall two between.

or at a 2+2 table with a strong hand because 2+2ers get owned when someone donks the flop after they raise preflop.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a very co-ordinated board. Even if you bet into the 3 better and he raises forcing the fied to call 2 cold, the pot is so big that they will be getting correct odds to call. So you can't protect your hand here. And if you are behind to the button betting into him will suck.
So I check it, see what the button does and re-evaluate on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the only response so far that has taking the pot size into consideration and hence probably gives us our best line of action.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:10 PM

Here I like checking and letting CO bet so that we can use the action behind us to make a better decision.

I think a good plan would be to check raise for value if the limpers both call and to play it wa/wb otherwise. I am not sure what to do if it ends up 3 handed.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If we bet, we at least get some information on Villain before we seal our fate in this hand. If he just calls, he almost certainly doesn't have us beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm prolly calling here if you bet into me and I hold one of the hands that crushes you, and raising a non [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] turn (assuming I'm not holding AK-Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])

-Jaran
Old 11-19-2005, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If we bet, we at least get some information on Villain before we seal our fate in this hand. If he just calls, he almost certainly doesn't have us beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm prolly calling here if you bet into me and I hold one of the hands that crushes you, and raising a non [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] turn (assuming I'm not holding AK-Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

That's cause you're a nasty evil tricky person.