Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 11:11 PM

Default Does this make any sense?

Most people including me - I believe habitually bet/fold this turn. A problem I've noticed with that is most aces are just calling unless they hit 2-pair. Is it ok to induce a turn bluff or semi-bluff? No read on MP3. Button is a little more aggressive than average but not totally crazy. I saw him bet a ragged flop into 5 players and then check/fold a blank turn. He's also willing to donk into the PFR with TPWK; probably less than that I'd suspect.

Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 folds.

River: (7.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...
Old 11-07-2005, 11:56 PM

Default Re: Does this make any sense?

I'm going with bet/fold the turn, maybe bet/call depending.

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2005, 12:58 AM

it really depends on your reads on your opponents play. You will play the turn differently against aggressive players than passive ones. Which players are you expecting to get a bluff out of?
Old 11-08-2005, 01:43 AM

I'm confused by the turn (not that it takes much). You bet out the river, which suggests you're pretty sure he bluffed the turn, yes? If you are pretty sure you got a bluff out of him, why didn't you raise the turn?